Happy birthday Taylor

"Happy birthday Taylor!" They all say to me as they all come with gifts in their hands to hug me.

"Hi guys" I hug them back.

The rest of the day we spent just talking while the littles were playing some outdoor games. Most of the time they play family. I was always either the mom or the eldest daughter.

"Hey Taylor. Can we talk in private?" My cousin Marco asks me as he pulls me away from the crowd holding my wrist.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I say to him.

"Me and my friends are going to the bar in about half an hour. But before I go a need your permission." He answers.

"Marco you're 19. You do not need my permission to go to a bar." I answer. He is crazy. Why the fudge does he need my permission to go out and get drunk?

"I know, but it's your birthday so I wanted to see if that's okay with you" He says. Awww

"Yes, go! Go have fun!" I answer. If one of us has friends, why would the other hold the other one back? He will have fun while I'm stuck here with my family. But as long as he's happy, I am happy too.

As I walk away to go back to the "party" he holds me back.

"Hey, one more thing."

"Not tell auntie and uncle, and keep you covered when you get drunk?" I say. I do that often, so it'll be no surprise if I have to do it another time.

"No. I want you to come with me. And not be stuck at this lame party with our family. I know you don't know them. But I know, I just know, they won't make you feel alone and uncomfortable. I think Andrews little sister will be there to. Think she is one year older than you." He says.

I'll probably go. But I don't know. I just know he'll get drunk, and I'll have to drive. And I just learned how to drive. I've driven only once before and that was on the test. And in this little village there are no bars. So we'll have to go to the city right next to our village. And I do not know the ways. And what if Andrews little sister is mean? I've never met her before.

"Taylor? What's taking so long? Are you going or...?" Marco asks me. I zoned out. Hate when that happens.

I need to stop overthinking this. Who knows? Maybe she is good? Maybe we become best friends. Maybe I meet a guy there... Yeah that, out of all things will not happen.

"Yeah, I'll go get ready, you tell our family. Deal?" Fuck this I'm going. If something happens I can always call my auntie. Or some of his friends can drive me back, idk.

But I need to think just positive. If I only have negative thoughts in my mind I'll back out.

"Deal" He says.

We both go our separate ways. I put on a dress, not too fancy or revealing. The right one for a night out. I put on some makeup, little bit more than I usually do, and I keep the same jewelry I already had on. And for the cherry on top of the cake, black high heels.

I go downstairs and see Marco on his phone. He looks up at me.

"Well look at you, my little cousin sister. You're beautiful." Awww.

"Thank you Marco" he is such a sweetheart.

"You know what? I'll just call you sister. The cousin sister thing is awful. Your my sister from my aunt. So I can call you my sister. Besides Mia." He says.

"Okay. Who's driving?" I ask that knowing he'll probably say that I have no experience and I am a beginner.

"Me, can't trust you driving me. Let's go" he says starting going outside. What did I tell you? I know him and his words.

In the car we listen his rock music. Half of them I know and the other half I do not know. Some unpopular bands and singers.