Social Butterfly • Andy Barber

husband!Andy x wife!reader

🛒

Weaving in and out of the aisles of the grocery store, you start crossing off everything on your list.

Milk
Bananas
Baby Wipes
Windex
Eggs
Cereal
Apples
Strawberries

"Cheddar puffs, or Strawberry Apple?" You hold two containers of puffs to your baby girl. She's 20 months old and she's been a blessing to your life.

You had no idea of her existence until you realized you haven't gotten your period in 2 months. 2 months after your honeymoon with Andy.

You always expected to travel with him, go on vacations with him, just be husband and wife for a little bit before bringing children into the mix.

Well, your daughter had different plans for the two of you.

"Bof," she says both in her baby voice and takes one container putting it into the cart beside her, and the other container as well.

"Okay, babe," you chuckle softly and rub your hand against her cheek. She's a cute kid. And she knows it too because she loves to beam and smile to other people. No matter where you are.

You and Andy have always been very introverted, it's one of the thing that attracted you to him in the first place, he was so mysterious, quiet and reserved, maybe even a little grumpy.

You're almost quite the same, very private, very reserved, and you just keep to yourself.

It's why you and Andy work so well, he'd be overwhelmed if you were outgoing and loud, and extroverted. Not to say he doesn't like those kind of women. He dated a few in his past.

But, something about you, just swept him off his feet when he met you at the carnival.

A carnival he wasn't even supposed to be at, but his sister called and begged him to go out looking for Jacob, his nephew, being the rebellious teen he was, Jake didn't care for his curfew.

And there you were, in the midst of him arguing with Jake about not being home, you walked by with the girls from work, and he just couldn't leave without talking to you.

"You thirsty, mamas?" You whisper and take out her sippy cup from the diaper bag, bringing the straw to her mouth she sucks to get the juice out from it. She loves apple juice.

She whacks at your hands to let go of the sippy cup, she's getting to be so independent these days, you chuckle and let her hold it while you scan the cereal aisle.

You notice another person is behind you, but you focus on finding the cereal you and Andy eat, because that's what one does at a grocery store - buy food. Not socialize. Unless you're single and there's a hot guy.

"Hi!" Your princess crinkles her baby hand at the person, they respond with a kind hello, beaming over the small child.

It's an elderly woman, she approaches the cart and your mentally curse, now you have to stir up a conversation with a stranger.

"She is so adorable!" The elderly woman pats the baby's head, and you smile, wishing to find the voice to tell her maybe petting other people's babies...isn't the best thing to do?

She's very sweet though, as you look at the elderly woman, abandoning her cart to come take a better look at your daughter.

"How old is she?" The woman asks and you smile, that's something you have an easy answer for, thank god.