What Is Anxiety?

Anxiety for me felling like I can't get air into my lungs. It's like something dark is sitting on me, putting pressure on my chest and keeping me from breathing properly. It's something dark that's a part of me, but not me. I can't think but I can't stop thinking at the same time. Anxiety is walking around in the grocery store and it suddenly feels like every part of the environment is attacking you. Every light bulb hurts my eyes, every sound startles me and everyone feels unsafe and dangerous. Anxiety is being put on high alert as soon as I step on the other side of my front door and first being able to relax hours after i get home again. My brain is yet again convinced it is safe. Once my brain feels safe it's like a ticking clock, you don't know when the anxiety is going to start again and that's what people don't understand about anxiety. People think that it's just something that keeps you from doing school work, chores, and other things. but what people don't know is that Anxiety can switch over to depression very fast and you can fall into habits that aren't healthy, and it happens with depression too. Depression can switch over to anxiety and you have to know when that happens and how you can fight that depression and that spiraling.  Anxiety is many things for many people it can be bouncing your leg up and down, taping a pencil on the desk, not being able to focus, or the feeling of being claustrophobic. The scientific definition is stupid because that isn't what all people experience and when people say that they haven't had anxiety at all in there life, then they are lying because they want to be the perfect person that people think they are, but no one is perfect, not even the people reading this is perfect because we have all went through things in our life that people have or haven't had in there life, like the feeling of someone dying, a pet dying, or watching some die in there arms. The thing is Anxiety is different for each person even though my anxiety is different and it's sometimes hard to explain it to people what it's like and how it feels.