chapter eleven | welcome home

AFTER SOME TIME away from each other and many face time calls, everyone was finally back in NYC for sophomore year of college. While everyone else was excited for school to start, the new couple were excited to see each other. Y/n waited for Tara by the same old tree and reflected on her freshman year, remembering all the good and bad decisions and how she learned from them. She would never accept a deal like that again.

Although she learned that lesson, she was still glad she did it because she met Tara. Other than her friends, Tara was the best thing to happen to her and she wasn't afraid to say it.

After the small reflection session, she looked up to see a group of people walking her way, stuck in a conversation. It was her friends and girlfriend from Woodsboro, California. She waved at them with a grin and then that's when they saw her. Tara ran toward her, soon jumping into her girlfriend's arms. She hadn't seen her since she took her, Sam, and their friends to the airport, that was a month and a week ago.

Once Tara's feet touched the ground, she pulled her girlfriend in for a kiss with a smile on her face. "I missed you so much." She spoke as the two pulled away from the kiss.

"I missed you so much more," Y/n replied and then looked up to smile at her friends. Of course, she missed them too. "You guys already know I missed you." They all nodded in agreement before moving to sit under the tree and talk about everything they did over the time they'd been gone.

The Woodsboro crew had reconnected with an old friend, Amber Freeman. They used to be the best of friends till most of the group moved to New York. Now, they're all friends again. This was the first time that Y/n had heard about Amber, it kinda freaked her out.

She wasn't going to worry about it too much though.

"You should have seen it, Y/n. Tara beat Amber in that race by a second." Mindy laughed as she recalled the moment. She seemed either proud or impressed, maybe it was both. Y/n just nodded and turned to Tara, a smile on her face. She seemed proud of herself, she was thinking she could be in the Olympics.

"I'm sure she doesn't want to hear about that," Tara spoke up as she held onto Y/n's hand. She rested her head on her shoulder as the topic of conversation had changed, Y/n wondered if Tara had sensed something from her and changed the subject. She doubted that it was that obvious, at least it wasn't her secret.

The rest of the group continued the conversation while Y/n checked to see what had made her phone buzz in her pocket. It was the group chat she had with Anika and Ethan, they were trying to get her attention. They were going to meet up in front of Anika's first class to talk about something and they couldn't do that without Y/n apparently or talk about it in the group chat. She hated to leave Tara and the rest of the group so quickly but she had to see what this was about. From the looks of it, it was super important. "I'm gonna see you after class, Anika and Ethan need to chat about something," Y/n spoke to her girlfriend before kissing her cheek and soon standing up. She saw a look on Mindy's face once she heard Anika's name, it wasn't a happy one either. She knew exactly what this was about. Poor Anika, poor Mindy.

"Tell Anika I said hello," Mindy spoke with a sad smile. Y/n nodded and grinned at her before saying goodbye and leaving to meet with her friends.

What happened between them?

Y/n, Tara, and the twins sat around a table at the restaurant of Mindy's choice, Anika and Ethan had gone to class. Since the topic of conversation had come up, Mindy told her side of the story of events that led to the split between her and Anika. Come to find out, they never actually split but they're on a break. Still not quite sure what the reason for it was.