First day

I take my eyes of my phone and look through the window while my taxi parks. The good old house of my grandparents.

I step out to take out my luggage from the back of the car. There are two suitcases and two backpacks. I always overpack.

"Taylor!" Little voice shouts my name. I look back and see my little cousin Mia. She runs towards me and hugs me tight.

"Hey there little!" I hug her back. Oh I love them. All my little cousins. They're just adorable.

"We're all waiting for you! Nana made your favorite! Pasta! She knew you'll probably be tired after the long ride so she made sure we ate your favorite!" She says with a big smile on her face looking up at me.

"How did you finish 2nd grade?" I ask her.

"ALL A's!!" She answered

"Good job! Let's go eat, yeah?" I ask while going to the backyard and her walking in front of me.

All of them were there. All my aunts and uncles, little cousins, Marco, my only older cousin, Nana and Papa/ my grandparents. Aw I love them.

"Hi everyone!" I greet them with a big smile on my face while waving. I always wave to people, even in random situations and moments. I don't know why, it just became a regular thing.

"Taylor!" They a say in surprise, even tho they knew I'm coming. We all do a big group hug and sit to eat. They all ask me some questions how is it in California. They all live in Texas in little village. My grand grandparents came there from California during war, so they're all here, except my dad, mom and me. My parents met in LA when moms side of family was on
vacation there. There she met my dad. And this nana and papa, and everyone else are moms side. After some years mom and dad moved to California from Texas.

But if I be honest. I don't know why they moved, it's just a different state, same country.

They had standard questions, just about my life in LA and about my friendships there. Well, I don't even have friendships here. I just never met someone. Because for everyone, even when I was little, I was an unknown girl. They see me for some time, then I just vanish. This village is really small, like 10 streets, maybe few more or less.

The next morning

It's the next day and I'm heading downstairs to chill in the living room.

I did everything I usually do in the morning. Skincare, get ready, read a little, be on my phone...

My skincare takes me the longest. Because I really, but REALLY value my skin, especially my face. I hate breakouts and hate when I get pimples and under eye bags. I just like to be pretty for me. I'm single so I don't have anyone to be pretty for. That's the better thing about being single

And I value my skin because of one more thing. I hate foundation. I use just concealer, eyelash curler, mascara and lipgloss. I use concealer just for under eye bags and for pimples, when I have them. I just like less makeup. I do not know why.

I put on some jewelry, earrings, necklaces, one ring and two bracelets. Im a silver girl.

Although I just like brunettes more with gold. I just think brown and gold/yellow go together. But because most of the world thinks the opposite, I still listen to them. Probably because I'm a people pleaser.

That is sometimes bad. Especially when something specific happens. Because I do care for peoples opinions, even if they hurt me.

It's been around half an hour later and I decide to go outside, since most of them are there. At first I don't see anyone, but then...

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yells out. They're all wearing happy birthday caps.

"Happy birthday Taylor!" They all say to me as they all come with gifts in their hands to hug me.