Why?

Aaliyah

I throw my phone on the bed and head to the bathroom to take a shower. As I let the hot water burn my skin in a good way, my wanders to the guy today at the corndog shop. He was so nice and even made me something that wasn't even on the menu. Although, he did say it was because I was their 100th costumer.

I finally get out of the shower and hear the door bell ring twice and it seems like my grandparents opened the door. 

Me being nosy, I lean closer towards the door and there I hear Gio's voice.

What the hell is he doing here?! I quickly run to my room, put on an oversized T-shirt, some biker shorts and start applying my lotion because I'm not about be ashy out here.

"Ali, Giovanni is heading upstairs" Mama yells from downstairs.

Why? Why? Why?

I return to my vanity and continue doing my skincare.

My door finally opens revealing Gio staring at me from behind. I was watching him do so through my mirror. I slowly turn around in my chair and look up at him. He's breathing heavily and his hair is kind of damp. Did he run a mile or something?
   "What are you doing here?" I ask knowing damn well why he's here.

    "What do you mean what am I doing here? You don't answer my texts or my calls," He says clearly annoyed on why I asked that question.

   "I decided to go to the beach and I forgot my phone here, happy?" I say turning back towards the mirror to continue putting this pimple patch on my forehead.

He stayed staring at the back of my head like I was crazy. "Why didn't you invite me?" he asks finally breathing through his nose.

Oh Gio, do you really want to know?  " I forgot," I rolled my eyes playfully and he just shook his head.  He decided to sit on my bean bag and turn on my tv.

I finish putting all my things in the drawer and walk over to my bed. I grab my phone and go on Netflix to see what show I can watch to pass time.

You can never go wrong with Gilmore girls. I've re-watched this show for about 100 million times. Its so good and I never get bored of it. If Netflix ever tries to take this amazing show off, I swear I'm suing.

I look over at Gio and he's knocked out on the bean bag. He looks so cute even when he's sleeping. How is that even possible? No, no, I'm supposed to be getting over him. I walk over to him and tap his shoulder. He doesn't move not one bit. This time I slap his shoulder and he shrugs and groans a little. Why was that kind of-

" Gio wake up! I'm tired," I say pushing those thoughts from earlier aside. He looks at me, fixes his messy hair and then finally sits up from the bean bag.

"Can I have that bean bag?" he says with a boyish smile on his face. I laugh a little while pushing him out of the door. "I'm serious, Aaliyah," he says again. This isn't the first time he's asked this. I believe he asks the same question each time he's in my room.

"I know you are, which is why I say no" I say still pushing me out of the door.

We walk downstairs quietly since my grandparents are definitely sleeping right now. I try to turn the lock but as always, everything sounds ten times louder at night. Gio and I try to hold in our laughter. I finally get the door open and Gio walks out. He turns around and looks at me as he was going to say something. "Good night, Ali" he says almost in a whisper.

"Good night Gi-" I reply back holding on the door. "Aaliyah," he says cutting me off. I get taken back a bit but I raise my eyebrows and make a "hm?" sound.

He walks closer to me and puts his hands on my shoulders making me have to look up at him. We stay staring at each other for a little and I see his Adams apple bob up and down a little. Then he says," Don't forget your phone again, okay?".

We are still so close and I don't know if its the actual temperature making me hot or because of how close we are right now. I blink twice to try to bring myself back to reality. "Okay," I finally say. He smiles and rubs his thumbs on my shoulders. He walks back and waves 'goodbye' while walking away.

I lock the door and drag myself upstairs to my room to try to wrap up what just happened.

Is moving on this hard? Maybe this was a sign not to move on. Why was so close to me? Does he have any idea what he does to me? 

How am I supposed to move on?