"And that meant she was hurting. You can't exactly blame her for trying to get me back."

"A few weeks ago, you wanted her to leave you alone."

"Yeah, well things have changed now."

"Are you two getting back together?"

"Yes. No. I don't know."

"What do you mean you 'don't know'?" I questioned him.

"Why do you care so much?" Jude asked me.

"Because —"

"Jude, there you are!" Grace interrupted. "Come with me, I want to introduce you to some of my friends."

Jude glanced at me. "We'll talk later, Hannah," he said before following after Grace. I let out a heavy sigh and sat down in the chair, suddenly wanting to go home and bury myself under the covers of my bed. I was worried I'd been too harsh; I didn't want to push Jude away.

When Felix reappeared moments later, I jumped out of the chair and grabbed his hand. "Let's go get a drink!" I suggested. That might have been my biggest mistake of the evening. Felix agreed, and then one drink turned into two, then three, then four, and eventually I lost count. But for once, I didn't care. I was in high spirits for the first time that evening, flirting with Felix despite my disinterest in him, and laughing way too hard at everyone's jokes. Getting drunk had never felt so good, especially since I'd pushed Jude to the back of my mind. I caught sight of Gio and Chloe glancing worriedly at me, but I insisted that I was fine and carried on with my night.

At one point, Felix took my hand and we began dancing together. I didn't care when he tilted my chin upwards and kissed me. I didn't care that Jude had seen the kiss and had made a swift exit from the room. I didn't care when I ended up back at Felix's place, our clothes laying discarded on the floor.

I just didn't care.

That is until I woke up the next morning with my head pounding and my mouth extremely dry. Shit! was the first thought that came to mind when I rolled over and saw Felix lay fast asleep next to me in the bed. What mess have you gotten yourself into this time, Hannah? I asked myself. The events from the night before slowly came back to me one by one. Immediately, I felt a stab of sadness in my gut,
envious of the attention Grace had gotten from
Jude and the way he felt about her.

I quickly got up out of the bed, being careful not to wake Felix. I pulled on my clothes and went into the next room to call Chloe. "Hannah?" She said. "Is everything okay?"

Immediately, the tears began streaming down my cheeks. I wasn't entirely sure why I was crying. "I need you to come and get me," I said in between sobs.

"Okay, baby girl, I'm on my way."

"Do you need me to give you the address?"

"No it's okay. I made sure Felix gave me his address before you two left Jude's last night." At least one of us had been thinking clearly. "Are you okay? Felix didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No...no he didn't hurt me. It's just..."

"What is it, Hannah?"

"It's Jude," I choked out.

"You like him, don't you?" Chloe said gently.

"I do...I didn't realise it before but I really do."

"Aw Hannah. You sit tightly and I'll be there as soon as possible, and then we can talk about it, okay?"

"Okay Chloe. Thank you."

"It's no problem. Love you."

"Love you too."

The moment I got off the phone with Chloe, I heard shuffling in the other room which meant Felix was awake and I wouldn't be able to make a sneaky escape. I groaned — I was not in the mood for confronting what had happened between us. I'd managed to keep him at bay by making it very clear I wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with Felix, but now I'd gone ahead and slept with him which meant things were bound to get complicated. I should've liked Felix, he seemed like he'd make the perfect boyfriend. He was so kind and sweet, but it was Jude that I wanted.

"Good morning," Felix grinned, "how did you sleep?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Felix hadn't noticed that I'd been crying, and if he had he didn't say anything about it. I was grateful for that. I was feeling fragile, and my head was aching. If he had asked me what was wrong, I would've lost all the composure I'd somehow managed to gain.

"Felix," I sighed.

"Yeah?" His smile faded.

I should've told him that what had happened between us was a mistake. But I didn't. "My friend is picking me up soon," I said instead.

"Oh, you not staying for breakfast?" He asked.

"I...have plans today, sorry," I forced a smile, feeling like the worst person on the planet.

"Ah okay. I must admit, last night was pretty unexpected."

"Yeah, it was."

"So...how about that date I was proposing? Are you up for that or am I pushing my luck?"

"I'd love to go on a date with you." I flashed him a wide smile, knowing it wasn't genuine and I was hurting inside. I'd lied to what was probably the nicest guy on the planet and felt awful about it.

It was official — I was going to Hell.

- - -
A/n: Sorry for keeping you waiting folks.
Also, we got Jude and Marcus Rashford content. My two faves.