~Chapter 1~

"I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser
Midnights become my afternoons"

 "I have this thing where I get older but just never wiserMidnights become my afternoons"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"When my depression works the graveyard shift
All of the people I've ghosted stand there in the room"

"When my depression works the graveyard shiftAll of the people I've ghosted stand there in the room"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Once upon a time, long, long ago-well more like twenty years ago...

Belle married her beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake! Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the Kingdoms and got himself elected the king of the United States Of Auradon.

He rounded up all the villains and the sidekicks- basically all the really interesting people- and he booted them off to the Isle of The Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there.

This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out... Or so I thought.

Hang on, you're about to meet us, but first this happened...

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

The future king, Ben, kept gazing out the window. Even from way across the sparkling blue sea, Ben could see the magical barrier flickering and shimmering over the Isle of the Lost. As he stared out the window, he was almost oblivious to the tailor fitting his suit until the tailor turned his head forward and measured it.

"Sleeve...head..ah-ha," The tailor muttered as he worked. The royal tailor was fitting Ben into his blue coronation suit, jotting Ben's measurements down on a notepad, when his parents Belle and Beast strolled into the room.

"How is it possible you're going to be crowned king next month?" King Beast asked as they walked towards Ben. "You're just a baby."

"He's turning 17, dear." Queen Belle said to her husband, smiling.

"Hey, pops," Ben started, but his father cut him off.

"17? That's far too young to be crowned king." The king said as the Queen grabbed a coat off of a chair and started to fold it. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."