Glenn looked woozy and regretful.

"Tori, I didn't mean to say anything... "

They were all so drunk and I was about to die. I wanted my dad!

"Please?! I won't say anything!" I sobbed, "You let Lexi and Hazel go! Why not me?*

Shane laughed, "Your dad's a fucking cop. You're a rat, plain and simple. "

Donnie shrugged, "Your life doesn't mean anything to me, Tori. It never will so what do I care?"

Suddenly, the door flew open and I gasped at the sight of Tommy in all of his beautiful rage.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" He looked terrified for me and angry at the others, especially Glenn.

"We should off you, too," Shane said.

"Try it and see what happens when I don't show up with the money tomorrow because I'm the only asshole who knows where it is!" He walked right passed them and to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me to my feet, "Don't touch my property. She did us a favor tonight and we're just getting started–aren't we, Tori?"

He turned to look at me, his eyes told me to lie.

"Y-yes.." I nodded, trembling.

"You lied, bro, that's enough cause for us to, -" Donnie started.

"To do what?" Tommy scoffed, glaring at him, "Go ahead. Kill us both. Hector won't be too happy and he'll come for you as will my father's men. "

That seemed to shut them down. They weren't happy about it, but they withdrew their weapons and walked out.

"Glenn, go sober up," Tommy said, gazing into my eyes again, "Are you OK?"

"No I'm not OK... This is not OK!" I wailed into his chest as he pulled me into him.

"What the hell were you doing out here?" Tommy said, taking me back to his room.

"Getting a drink," I muttered as he placed me in the bed like a child, pulling the blankets up to my shoulders.

"You're safe now," He said, crawling into bed with me.

"You're delusional. "

He chuckled, "No, I just know they won't touch you if they think I'm going to knock them off. I guess you're stuck with me now. "

Trapped was more like it.

He continued, "They're going to want to see you in action. I'm sorry about my brother. He didn't even want you here. He wanted you safe. "

"Safe?"

He flipped off the light on his nightstand and ran a finger over my cheek, "It's hard to stay safe when you're hanging out with a bunch of criminals. "

"I'm not safe with you, " I whispered as if it mattered.

"I promise you are," He said as if agitated by my unwillingness to accept him as my protector.

"You should never have told me you knew it was me, Tommy. I hate you for this."

He didn't respond, but he wasn't sleeping. I kept trying to see him in the dark and I knew our bodies were practically on top of each other's, but all I could feel was his gaze on me.

"I know. "

Tommy

I don't know what high horse I thought I'd be on dragging Tori into my shit.

Donnie and Shane had figured it out the more I hung out with her even before Glenn opened his stupid, drunken mouth. She would have been a goner if I hadn't been here, though, but she didn't see it that way.