Chucking to myself at my crazy wife, I quietly took the chocolate that had fallen on the floor and retraced back to the bedroom. At least I have the bed to myself today.

The next morning, I found Khushi sleeping on the sofa in a rather awkward. I would have woken her up and told her to sleep on the bed. But, she's already such a light sleeper and I didn't want to spoil her since I am betting that she didn't sleep well last night. I made some breakfast and packed the same for lunch. I tried my best to shut the door softly when I left for work, so as to not wake her up.

Khushi's POV

I woke up to a yellow sticky note on my forehead. Looking around, the house was very quiet. I guess Arnav must have left for the hospital.

The note said:

Breakfast on table
Lunch is packed for work;

Have a great day at work, peaches! :) :)

While I appreciated his sincere gesture, I chucked to myself. Going to the office? Me.. in this economy? Silly man!! As if I am going to the office with my bloody period. Work from home is it. I genuinely send a thank you prayer to my management for allowing me to work in a hybrid model. It's kinda rare moment since I mostly send them curses. But hey, every dog has their day.

I looked at the clock in our living room. I still have 2 hours before my work starts and so, I did the honorable thing here. I set my alarm and went back to sleep.

(That night)

I got to admit the fact that Arnav does cook well. He made really such a delicious breakfast and even packed lunch for me to go. I really appreciate his gesture.

Nk does tell me that I turn into a moody bitch when I am on my period. I just hope that I didn't scare my husband away. For better or for worse, babe. Hehe.

Arnav's POV

I came home and I could already smell the dinner that had been cooked. And it smelt like rajma (kidney beans) which were my absolute favorite. When I entered the bedroom to change and refresh, I was met with a rather weird scene.

Khushi was lying on the bed with her laptop tilted to her crazy angle. Super immersed in the screen that she failed to register my presence. I honestly couldn't tell if she was working or sleeping.

I cleared my throat, letting her that I am home and in the same room as her, and not really want to alarm or surprise her

I cleared my throat, letting her that I am home and in the same room as her, and not really want to alarm or surprise her. Upon seeing no reaction to it, I quietly tip-toed over to her side and found her half-asleep. Even snoring a little cutely.

I tried to slowly take the laptop away from her so that she can sleep properly, but fate had other plans. She woke up with a start and I watched as it took her a couple of seconds to read the surroundings. Are we lost, little one?

Shutting the laptop down and putting her hair up in a rather cute messy bun, she greeted me.

"Hi" - she greeted, as she walked to the bathroom taking a sanitary pad from the cupboard.