Adventure in Action - WattpadMilitaryFiction | @ExoShaneey

By ExoShaneey 

By ExoShaneey 

"I'm sorry, Sebastian; however, you are the only one who could enter the submarine without getting caught," Lady Levigne's voice went softer and softer with each word, placing a hand on her son's shoulder.

Although Sebastian isn't talking, the way he looks at Lady Levigne through the mirror's reflection says it allhe doesn't have a choice. He's the only cambion in the family, thus, the only one who could withstand the negating barriers casted by humans in submarines against demons.

"Find and retrieve the Crimson Pearl," Sebastian muttered when he remembered what Sir Levigne said before they sent him off in a surveillance submarine which is bound to patrol the deep waters where the pearl is said to be hidden. What is it for exactly? That's something Sebastian will only know once he already has it in his possession.

He let out a deep sigh for the third time. He can't believe he spent so much energy interacting with humans just for him to reach where he's at right at the very moment. His acting is so on point, he barely remembers his true self five years ago.

"You're oddly smiling these days," Heather, the only woman onboard, asked as she was checking the futuristic radar screen in front of her. She was only sitting beside Sebastian who also had his eyes pinned on the other radar screens.

They are currently on routine patrol in a part where most intruders enter, so they're in high alert—at least Sebastian should. Heather is a rare blood; he knew that the very moment he laid his eyes on her, and as much as he wanted to stay away, everything just kept on pulling the two of them together in one place and it's making him anxious.

"You really don't like talking to me, ah?" Heather tittered. This time, her eyes shifted to him.

Heather is really a sweet woman and Sebastian do not have the slightest intention to be rude to her, but he has to before she discovers his unlikeness.

He only glanced, smiled, and stood up to leave; however, right before he was about to turn his back against Heather, sonar pings suddenly echoed. Sebastian heaved a strained breath and shrugged back at the radar screens to see multiple intruders approaching in a high speed—no—they're missiles!

"TAKE COVER!!" He shouted and for some reason, he turned to Heather, held her arm, and pulled her to hide. As per his calculations, they no longer have the time left to counter the attack.

Screams echoed through the unfilled spaces of the submarine when the impact shook everything to the core. They might have already asked for back-up; however, as what things are looking like at the very moment, if they won't die from explosion, from fire, or from another missile attacks, it would be from drowning.

Sebastian had already predicted what will happen next and he can definitely get himself out of there, but the thought of escaping alone defeats the sense of him, keeping his human self-dominant for all those years.

He turned around to see his comrades quivering in fear as there be nothing else that they could do, but watch the sea water slowly getting their way into the submarine. The electronic warfare room has already been destroyed by the attack so as their weapons. The enemies knew exactly where to hit them as if they can see them even from a far distance.

Slowly, Sebastian started hearing his comrades' horrified thoughts, making him wince.

"S-Sebastian, a-are you o-okay?"

He blinked and looked at Heather who shook his hand to which she was holding so tight. He wasn't able to speak and shut his eyes close when he felt as though they were burning. The sensation is extremely familiar to him and he knows that Heather had already seen them glowing into different shades of red right at the very moment, yet why is she still holding onto me?

Sebastian covered his eyes with his free hand. "Heather, c-can you please do me a favor?"

"A-Anything," she answered right away.

"Please tell the captain and everyone else to get refuge in the crew quarters."

"T-The quarters must have been already d-destroyed—," Heather stopped when Sebastian looked at her with his rufous eyes. His fangs even started creeping out of his lips.

"Trust me. It will be safe there until the backup arrives."

Although fear, curiosity, and confusion are visible in Heather's eyes, she still nodded and chose to trust Sebastian anyways. She dashed towards their comrades and told them exactly what Sebastian wanted which, fortunately, they followed right away.

Everyone was just dazzled to see the quarters unscathed and remained hopeful that they'd be rescued fast. Seeing that everyone's already settled, Heather thought of going back to where Sebastian is; nonetheless, she found him just outside the door and then suddenly, it shut closed.

Sebastian heard Heather calling his name, but he still left to deal with the important matters and those are the uncanny submarines hovering like aliens outside the circular windows.

He could only scoff when his eyes met the eyes of the man who has been haunting him for the past ten years. He was only standing in the middle of his crews, grinning—a scene only demons could see.

The man is minacious. If he sets foot in the nation, he'll certainly go on killing-spree—something Sebastian would be held accountable for as he's the one who led him there.

He swallowed and raised both hands. Just then, it felt as though the entire ocean shuddered. For the first time in so many years, Sebastian is letting the sleeping demon overpower him once again for the sake of his comrades.

"SEBASTIAN!!" Heather's voice faintly echoed and was then devoured by loud explosions.