[Communication] •~SD-N x WD!Reader~•

Oneshot Type: Fluff!

Requested by: ilovedainslieff

Referenced to: Komi can't Communicate

Reader's pronouns: They/Them

Warning: Mentions of bullying, slight angst, V slander lmao

Keywords:

(Y/N) = Your name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

This will take place after episode 2 ❤️

————————————

"Communication is key!"
.
.
.
.

What is a communication disorder?

It is an impairment in the ability to receive, send, process, and comprehend concepts or verbal, nonverbal and graphic symbol systems. A communication disorder may be evident in the processes of hearing, language, and/or speech.

That's what our dear (Y/N) has. A communication disorder.

Every single day, You struggle to talk ever since you grew up under the WDF bunker. You try your hardest to make friends but others see you as someone weird for not talking much or being able to make proper sentences in a conversation. They would make fun of you for it, call you names, and much more. But the most tolerable thing the other worker drones your age is to ignore you. Ignore you like you never existed.

You are an eighteen year old worker drone. Your father died due to the disassembly drones, you saw them kill your father with your own eyes... You couldn't forget that moment, since it has long traumatized you and made you fear the murder drones more than ever. Your mother is just like the rest of the colony, working as a repair woman for the doors that Khan Doorman installed.

Your mother cared about your well-being a lot. She's actually a better parent than Khan lmao. She may be doing countless amounts of labor, but that doesn't stop her from coming to your room time to time to spend some time with you, either practicing how to communicate, playing your favorite games or overall just being happy together.

Ever since you were born, she knew there is something different about you than the other kids at the colony, that being having severe social anxiety. Ever since you have gotten into a worker drone body, she noticed how you don't talk to other teenagers your age, you played by yourself and do things by yourself just to avoid communicating with them. That's when she found out about your Social Anxiety.

Your mother is a caring robot and a hardworking one at that. Though, she only came back to your room at eleven pm to midnight a few days each time. It wasn't really much time for the both of you, but it meant a lot. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for yourself.

————————

"You can...do this... You can do..this!" You chanted to yourself in front of the mirror, hoping to get your confidence up. You tighten your hands into fists and kept on encouraging yourself into the mirror. You may think of yourself to be weird for doing such thing, especially when you did it once at class by bringing a hand held mirror and talking to it, which got Lizzy's attention and made fun of you for it. You didn't do it anymore so you just rather to perform it in your room before going to class.