Devaysa answered without looking up, "No, sweetheart, why?"

"A friend sent a voice note, now how do I listen to it, ughh" Sona said.

"Don't worry, listen to it on speaker. Won't bother me"

Sona pushed her face inside a pillow to resist from laughing like a maniac. She switched on the voice note.

Sup Sona!! Long time no see, its been ages since i saw your pretty pretty face. Come meet me at the lounge café tomorrow? oh and I hope you are fine, you know cus you have been away from me for more than 24 hours now. Don't worry though, your man is gonna save you girl. Okay byeeee see you tomorrow!! Hugs and kisssssssssses"

Sona face palmed mentally on hearing Sanket's overdramatic voice but looked like it did its work as she could no longer hear the typing noise.

Smiling she turned onto record her own voice note, "hellllllo Sanketttt!!! yessss its been too long since i saw you, i will see you tomorr-"

"Ahhhhhhh" Sona laughed and screamed out loud at being pulled up from her place. Devaysa pulled her up towards him and hugged her close. Sona smiled, laughing under her breath.

"Who is Sanket, miss Sona, are you cheating on your dear husband?"

"oh noooo, why would I do that, its not like my husband is too busy for me or anything"

Devaysa laughed out loud at her wife's answer and pulled her back to place a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Don't leave me for anyone, understand?" Devaysa said in a mock stern voice.

"Of course, I will sir, don't worry. Can I have your phone please?" Sona looked at Devasya innocently.

"Wait Wha-
hey one minute, leave the phone, Ugh SONA"

Devasya yelled at his over active wife, who went away from him in full speed with his phone in her hands, towards the kitchen.

Devasya got up, switched off his laptop, because something else requires his attention more right now, cue the eye roll. That smart woman, damn her.

He walked up to the kitchen and quietly sneaked up on her from behind. Pushing his hands around her waist, he peeped to see what was she doing in his phone.

She has opened his calendar, which was filled with meetings reminders. Quickly tapping onto some buttons, Sona gave his phone back to him with a smile.

Devasya frowned and took his phone from her, only for it to light up with a reminder. It was from his calendar, and it said,

"Hello Devaysa sir, your wife reporting. This is to inform you that your wife really really like you and loves spending time with you. She loves your company and want to stay with you, don't doubt it. Please consider giving her some attention or she might die bcs of this pmsing mood swings :)"

Devaysa laughed, and for Sona it felt like warmness spreading over her being, covering her whole. Her heart smiled and so did her lips, her eyes sparkled with the adoration and admiration for the man standing in front of her.

Sometimes people we value so much, doesn't know the value they hold for us. They think its gonna end or its not true, they doubt the genuineness of it all. but maybe if they saw the eyes shining bright, the teeth peeking from behind the lips, the hand coming up to hold in the laugh, the fondness appearing in the eyes and them slowly crinkling up with the happiness, the gentle burn of the heart, the slow hum of contentment running through the veins, the smile and the softening of our heart, they wouldn't doubt it at all. They would shy away from it.

After all, this is what Sona feels for Devasya.

Yes, feels. Only if she could show him.

***

Devasya remembered reading a note about him through his wife's notes app. It was about him laughing, the day she set this reminder for him to know how much she likes him, she set it for every month. He smiled at the memory of the words and at the memory of his wife's silliness. He wishes, she will come back sooner. Its getting harder to continue without her

A hole through his heart.

***

(Hello goldfish 🐟)