Memories

I felt a soft warm wind blowing, it felt like a summer type of wind. I still felt weak but regardless I opened my eyes. I was still resting on someone's lap, I felt them stroke my head again.

"You're awake"

I wanted to move but I just felt so tired, like when you're laying in bed and debate on whether you really want to get up or stay how you are for a little while longer.

"I'm still a little tired but I can't help feel like I'm forgetting something..." I said.

They played with my hair.

"Rest a little while longer"

"What about you? Aren't you tired of acting as my pillow?" I asked.

They giggled. "Of course not. If it were up to me, I'd stay like this forever"

"Its so comfortable, I don't think I'd want to leave..." I said. "I feel at home"

"You can't stay." She said in a soft tone.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't think you'll want to once you remember how you got here. I know you'll just want to leave"

"I don't think so. This right here, it feels so right."

"So you'd be willing to leave Laila and stay with me...forever?"

Laila? What...

"Taehyung, Do you know who I am?"

I turned my face upwards.

"Minah...What are you doing here? How did I get here? Laila sounds familiar..."

She smiled warmly. "She should sound familiar. She's the love of your life now"

"But...you're the love of my life. Minah, I've missed you so much. All this that has happened..."

I began to remember. The memory of everything that happened up until now just played rapidly through my mind.

!

"How'd I get here?" I got up

"Well...you're dead, sort of. More like asleep" she said.

Dead? No...I can't be.

"There has to be a way back, I need to go back." I said.

She seemed to be a little upset by my words. "You must really love her to say it so desperately."

I looked at her. "Minah...I've always loved you. You know I did."

"Did." She said. "It doesn't seem like it anymore but...it's what I asked for. For you to move on and be happy. I suppose I should be happy but having you here with me now, at long last...well I can see you don't feel the same"

She looked at the ground.

"Minah, I will always love you. You're my first true love, I'll never forget that but..."

"I'm dead and she's not. I get it..."

I never thought I'd ever encounter her but I suppose now that I've...died, I'm able to be with her. This is what I wanted...before I met Laila. Before I fell in love with her, I wanted to be with Minah like this. Now I can but when I think about Laila and my unborn child...

"Minah..."

"You don't have to try to explain. I understand, I mean as long as I know you're happy. It doesn't matter, Taehyung I'll always and forever love you, the love that I have for you is eternal. Even now that you don't feel the way I do, its okay..."