BONUS CHAPTER - SIX: Till Death Do Us Part | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng

Magsimula sa umpisa

But no one compares to my soon-to-be husband. As the years go by, though we may only be 23 years old right now, I must admit he is as handsome as ever. Each day I wonder how he manages to be so effortlessly beautiful. Perfect hair, gorgeous green eyes, soft and clear skin, pearly white teeth and such a strong body. I'm mesmerized by the sight of him in the morning, when his eyes are still droopy with sleep, a lopsided grin on his face, and hands that reach for me the moment he's waking up.

I'm always taken aback by how kind and soft hearted he is, when he has many reasons not to be. How generous he is with his time and money, and his ambitiousness to not only begin the works for starting his own business, but his own charity as well for children struggling with abuse. He's never failed to amaze me.

Today, I'm going to marry him. I'll officially become Marinette Agreste, and we'll begin our married life together. Sure, we're rather young, but we've been living together since we were 18, and we've grown up at such a young age that I think we're far more experienced than most people we know.

Plus, we're surrounded by a village of help at all times. I know that we're going to get through any struggles that may arise, together. As a big, happy family.

"Let's do this thing." I smile at my best friend, as we head out to where everyone else is. I spend quite some time being peppered with love and praise from all the women in my life, before soon enough it's time to walk down the aisle. My dad comes over, offering me his arm outside the big doors.

"I can't believe my baby girl is getting married." My dad smiles through teary eyes, making me giggle.

"I can't believe you keep saying that." I laugh, watching him roll his eyes playfully at me.

"Let me be sentimental. It's not every day a dad gets to do this. Especially since you're my one and only daughter."

"Child," I correct with a pointed look, "lets not get started on how the whole dad-handing-off-the-daughter thing isn't laced through hundreds of years of patriarchal beliefs that a woman is property to be traded from one home to another, through the-"

"Okay, okay!" My dad laughs, reaching out to fix my veil gently. "I stand corrected, you are my one and only child and this will likely be the one and only wedding you'll have. So please, let me feel emotional. I'm so proud of you, and seeing you all grown up makes me feel sentimetal. I still remember the day you were born, you were so tiny, wrinkly, soggy and-"

"Dad!" I laugh, making a gross face at him. I'm cut off from saying anything else when the doors slowly begin to open. I chant in my head a little mantra to remind myself to walk one foot infront of the other, just like I practiced. No face planting for me today.

We make our way down the aisle as the soft piano music fills the air, and the eyes of all the people I love most stare at me with love and admiration. I nod my head to those who I can catch sight of, but it's not long before my eyes snap to Adrien's gorgeous and intimate gaze.

He holds no smile on his face, his lips parted slightly as his wide eyes stare at me in awe. As I draw closer, I see the tears filling up his waterline, threatening to spill over. Next thing I know, I'm standing in front of him, and he's reaching up to lift my veil over my head to expose my face.

"My God, Marinette. You are the most gorgeous woman in this whole world. Not a single day goes by that I'm not in awe of your beauty. I can't believe I'm really so lucky to be able to marry you." His tender voice says so softly, like a gentle breeze that only I can hear, keeping this precious moment between just the two of us, despite the room being filled with all of our family and friends.

"You look so dashing, my Prince." I smile, raking my eyes up and down him. He's wearing a black suit that fits him perfectly, with a white dress shirt. His black tie provides the perfect background for the small golden bell sewn perfectly into the top of it. I almost laugh, loving that he incorporated a small piece of his super hero identity into his suit. Two halves of the same heart, I had once thought to myself. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of everything.

"You're even more breathtaking, my Princess." He whispers, giving me a playful wink. The wedding ceremony commences, and my anxieties have completely washed away. It's all going so perfect that I don't even need to think about what to say or do, it just flows naturally. Next thing I know, I hear the words I've long anticipated.

"You may now kiss the bride."

And kiss me he sure does. Taking my face in his hands, I lean forward as Adrien kisses me so soft and passionately. His lips work slowly, the kiss gentle and so very sweet, in a way that we both can savour each second. Our first kiss as husband and wife.

The room has erupted into cheers, and when we pull away I feel my face heat up slightly at the thought of everyone watching that very intimate moment. Yet, in the heat of it, I forgot there was an audience in the first place. Everything was just so wonderful.

We walk hand in hand down the aisle to prepare for pictures outside of the massive hall, before we head into the ballroom for the dancing, food and drinks. As we pose for many cameras, I look primarily at our own personal photographer that we hired. I don't care for the paparazzi, I care to smile for the camera that'll be directly giving us these prints. I'm not interested in googling my own wedding day to get our photos.

"I'm sorry it's so crowded." Adrien leans in to whisper, his lips brushing my ear in a way that lights up my body with goosebumps.

"It's okay, I knew marrying a supermodel would result in this." I giggle as I gaze up at him, placing my hand on his cheek, mesmerized by his gorgeous green orbs.

"Well I'm the one marrying the famous Ladybug."

"We both know I'm the real winner here, marrying you, Chat Noir."

Everything feels right, even if this moment isn't ours alone.

We make our way into the ballroom with everyone else, and the night commences beautifully. Everyone laughs, sings, dances and enjoys delicious food with us. Alya was right, after giving up the idea of having everything picture perfect, I was able to actually enjoy my wedding.

"My wife." Adrien's voice startles me out of my thoughts as I break away from my friends to follow my husband. "Dance with me?"

"Say that again."

"Dance with me?" He chuckles, giving me an adorably puzzled look with his eyebrows knitted together. We continue to back up, with him leading the way to the dance floor.

"The first part, dummy."

"My wife."

"Yes, my husband. Let's dance." I laugh, placing my hand delicately into his strong grasp, as he twirls me into his arms. I can't help the smile thats plastered on my face, so wide it makes my muscles sore.

But I wouldn't change a thing about this day.

We dance together, swaying to the music that's playing and when the song switches into something more fast pace, Adrien has no struggles keeping us in perfect rhythm. I'm no dancer, yet as I follow his lead, I find it easier and easier to just live in the moment.

I can't wait to live out the rest of my days with my wonderful husband, and the family we're going to create together.

All my friends are here to support us, and though I'm sure everything won't always be this beautiful, I know that we'll figure it all out. Through the difficulties that is being pregnant, giving birth and raising a child. I know that Adrien and I will be okay.

At the end of the day, we are partners.