𝔼ℙ𝕀𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼(Season 1)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much for forgiving me, Yeojun. I promise I'll pay you back somehow"

~NEXT DAY~

We were on an operation. Everyone was working really hard. I could barely do anything because of my hand and that made me feel helpless.

Il-ha kept ignoring me. He treated me as if I never existed. No matter how many times I tried to approach him, he would find a way to avoid me.

That broke me from inside.

But somewhere I did understand why he was behaving like that. Just putting myself in his shoes makes me feel disgusting. I would have never forgiven him if I witnessed him kissing some other girl even if it was an misunderstanding.

"I'll finish this up. You all move to the Seolbong building", Oppa announced.

"I'll help you", Sergeant Wonbin insisted.

"Kids safety is first", Oppa replied.

"Oppa", I held his hand looking at him with teary eyes.

"I'll follow you guys very soon, sunshine. Don't worry", he assured me.

But that assurance was not really sincere. I knew he would not be able to return. The spheres were getting closer to us. At this point, it was even hard for us to get out of the building.

But Oppa kept insisting us to get out, I walked out with others with a heavy heart. Thousands of thoughts were going flashing inside my mind. I just couldn't make up my mind to leave him like that.

One particular question crossed my mind.

Will I regret about this later?

And I had the answer ready inside my heart.

Definitely, I will.

I turned around and ran towards the building making sure that nobody noticed me. I turned around looking at Il-ha for one last time before entering the building. My eyes started to tear up.

I'm sorry for everything, Kwon Il-ha.

I knew that it was no brainer. I knew that was really foolish for me to do that. I knew I was physically not capable of protecting anyone, or even myself. I knew I was helpless.

But I also knew, it's better to die without any regrets instead of living with a one.

As soon as I entered the building my ears filled with the creepy sound of the spheres. I ran towards the direction where we left Oppa earlier. I heard some gun shots and followed the sound knowing that Oppa had to be there.

I kept running with some spheres following me. The way towards Oppa seemed to be endless.

"YEOJUN-AH, GET DOWNNN", I heard a scream.

I got down with my eyes widened when I realised whom that voice belonged to.

"Soonyi-ya", I whispered.

She shot a sphere which was about to attack me.

"What are you doing-"

"Let's go", she helped me get up as we both started to run again while she kept shooting the spheres near us.

No matter how much I tried to hold my own rifle up, I just couldn't do that. We both were hiding behind a wall trying to catch our breaths.

"I'm sorry because of me-"

"Later. Let's talk later. We need to find Lieutenant Lee now", She spoke not letting me complete my words.

She was leading the way shooting the spheres as I kept my eye on the spheres getting close to us

"SOONYI!!!!!!!!!!!!", I screamed in horror when a sphere jumped towards her direction.

I lifted my rifle up and tried to shoot it totally ignoring the throbbing pain in my left arm.

I did it.

But it was too late.

The sphere had died because of my bullet but it had pierced through her stomach before that.

"NO!!!!!!!!!", I ran towards her taking her body in my arms.

"I-I paid you back as I promised. Please stay al-alive for my sake", she paused coughing out blood.

"WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE? I WON'T LET YOU DIE. YOU ARE COMING WITH ME", I hissed angrily ignoring my tears.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alo-"

That was it.

She couldn't complete her words.

"Don't close your eyes", I sobbed loudly.

Soonyi was no more.

"Soonyi-ya, please wake up", I hugged her tightly, "You can't leave me like that. Soonyi-ya, please wake up. Stop scaring me", I pulled away shaking her body hoping she would open her eyes anytime soon.

But she wouldn't even budge.

"I'm sorry, Soonyi. Thank you for everything. I promise I'll find you again", I whispered biting my lips so hard that it started to bleed.

I owe my life to her and every single person who sacrificed themselves for our safety.

I layed her body away from the explosive and ran towards Oppa. Totally heartbroken, ignoring the sharp pain I lifted my rifle up, shooting every fucking sphere came in front of my eyes, I successfully made it to him.

"Found you"

And finallyyyy
Season 1 ends hereeeeee
Stay tuned for season 2

Do vote and comment your reactions ❤️