C. IV

"She's doing it again," Tengen sighed in annoyance as she sat at the table

"She's doing it again," Tengen sighed in annoyance as she sat at the table. "She's holed up in that room, once more, overworking herself to the bone."

You'd been in your study room ever since the morning sun basked the sky in a burst of vibrant colors. Orange, yellow, and blue. But the fluffy white clouds held a tint of pink to them.

But now it was damn near the evening, though you probably did not know of that. Far too busy burying your face in your notes and those vials, filled with unknown fluids.

All for the sake of medicine.

You'd promised you wouldn't be so negligent with both your mental and physical health. But with the sudden change of their bodies, swapping genders, and Master Kagaya's conditioning worsening, you were exhausting yourself once more.

You'd missed dinner again.

And it worried Suma, annoying not only Tengen but also Makio.

But not because Suma was such a worrywart, but because of you working so hard, you were stressing Suma out. But on top of that, you were breaking your promise.

There was tension, even when you weren't there.

It was so palpable that Hinatsuru could feel it was raising the hairs along the back of his neck. It breathed down his neck, fanning against his skin, where goosebumps began to emerge.

Hina pursed his lips knowing he would have to be the peace moderator between you all, once more. He had no problem with the revelation, but could only wish that one of these days the three stubborn spouses he knew best would give their pride a break.

But one could only wish.

"I'll talk with her," he told them. For extra measure, to everyone's minds from the current matter, he placed a hand on top of Suma's, and his other gently brushing away a turf of hair from Tengen's gorgeous face. He assured them that when the moon came, he would come to you and confront you.

The day drew on, and throughout the day to distract themselves, Suma, Makio, and Tengen trained together. However, there was still room for improvement, even for the god of festivities, such as Tengen. The rest of the evening shifted into the night, and while the others prepared to sleep, Hinatsuru prepared himself to come see you.

His bare feet trudged along the wooden flooring. It creaked and groaned from beneath his weight. He moved slowly, attempting to stay as quiet as possible as if his sudden appearance would startle you. If anything, you probably already knew he was there.

But maybe you were far too deep into your research to notice.

A habit that wasn't too far-fetched, even for you.

Hina pressed against the opposite side of the door, and then he slowly slid it open.

Inside, the room was a mess.