C. III

Rewritten

Rewritten

You pinched the bridge of your nose and your shoulders sagged. A weary drew through your breath, momentarily shutting your eyes. You listened to Tengen and Hinatsuru detail what happened on Kimrar Mountain.

You just wanted to experience a normal day. Nothing extreme, no one being seriously injured or dying, just a normal day.

But no.

Nothing was ever normal for you.

"Let me get this straight," you murmured. Beside you, Suma was clinging to you, sniffling as his cheek pressed against the top of your head. His broad arms caged you in his embrace, his fingers laced together in front of your belly. His bottom lip was pursed as he sat perched behind you, "You all killed a demon-"

"Mhm," Tengen hummed. She stood tall, her fingers laced behind her head. Her long white strands draped over her shoulders, and over her plush breasts. Her hips were cocked to the side as she nodded her head.

"-and the demon's blood demon art turned Tengen into a woman," Your eyes drifted over her new feminine features: lush lips, somewhat fuller than the lips you were used to kissing. She had longer and fuller lashes, framing her doe-like maroon eyes. You had anticipated her breasts to be somewhat large, Tengen as a male had large pectorals. Her hips were still narrow, even as the jinbei she wore hugged her figure. She didn't seem perturbed at the situation, in fact - her ego inflated ten times than what you were accustomed to.

She flexed, practically shimmering beneath the limelight of the moon hanging over her. Her muscles were still present, bulging beneath her warm skin as she smirked. "Even as a woman, I'm still just as flashy, maybe even flashier!"

You wanted to groan and tell her to shut the hell up.

Your tired eyes dragged towards your wives — no, you mean your husbands.

They were all equally handsome.

Hinatsuru's dark hair was pinned in his usual ponytail, the same strands of loose hair hanging in front of his good-looking face. His lashes framed those loving violet eyes expressing concern as he strived to calm down a riled-up Makio.

Makio was noticeably naked beneath the covers of his futon. His body had lurched forward when he attempted to get your attention as the conversation settled into your mind. The reminder that he was a man now, sparked something in him. "Babe!" His grin pivoted deviously, his lips stretching into a devious smirk, "Can you believe it?! I gotta dick now!"

Without warning, the young man threw the futon blanket off his figure and hopped to his feet in one swift motion.

In all his naked glory, his hands perched on his hips, completely exposing himself to everyone in the room without a care. His broad shoulders quaked as he bellied out a laugh, expecting you to be impressed.

"Oh my-" Shinobu turned her head, a hand covering her mouth.

Your eyes widened as Suma screeched, "MAKIO!" Hinatsuru jerked, his eyes also widening as he called out to Makio, grabbing the blanket to cover him, once more.

Makio was joyously swinging his new third leg in a full circle, the extra appendage swaying with the movement of his hips.

He was too busy laughing until he was forced into silence. Your sandal sailed across the room and slapped him in the center of his face. "PUT SOME DAMN CLOTHES ON," you hissed at him, "ACT LIKE YOUR ASS HAS SOME DECORUM, YOU'RE NOT AT HOME!" You chewed him out, raising your voice and pointing an accusatory finger at him fire spewed from your mouth as you did.

Tengen could only laugh at the display, attempting to keep quiet though, her fingertips pressing against her lips. Her body trembled as she held her breath.

After things settled Makio begrudgingly settled back in his futon, dressing himself in new clothes to keep him covered.

You stared him down until you were satisfied. Sitting back down, Suma followed eagerly. Looking him over, as you'd figured initially, Suma had a wolf cut. The lower strands of his dark hair curled at the ends, above his shoulders.

His doe-like blue eyes seemed to remain, long lashes fluttering as he peered down at you, rather than up, as you were used to.

"As I was saying earlier," you hummed, "this blood demon art changed them physically."

Shinobu nodded her head, "Correct, assuming that you all would want to change back, I need to test and examine everything that I can for a solution to this...situation," she smiled. "And I would appreciate it if a certain someone would allow me to draw blood from them, so I can get started."

You and Shinobu turned your heads, seemingly in perfect unison, to gaze at Suma.

The young appeared petrified.

He whipped his head in the same direction, looking at the wall, pretending as if he were looking for who you two were looking at. He began to sweat bullets, "Y-yeah! I wonder who that might be.." He uttered softly.

It was enough to make Tengen and Makio laugh.

Hinatsuru cracked an amused smile, shaking his head, his dark fringes swaying behind his head.

"Suma," you furrowed your brows, sternly wagging your index finger for him to come close, "get over here."

"Wha!" He violently shook his head, ( Name )-chan! Nooo!" He began to whine. "I hate needles...!"

"Suma," your hands settled on your hips, and your stare hardened. "You'll barely feel a thing. Come sit next to me and let Shinobu do what she needs to do."

"But-But-!"

"No buts! If you don't get your ass over here, you can forget comin' home with the rest of us. I'm pretty sure Makio will enjoy taking your spot in bed next to me and -"

"No!" Suma teared up. He moved quickly, cocooning you in his embrace as he began to complain. "Makio can't have my spot! That's my spot!" He began blubbering about being left behind with the scary Shinobu that he hadn't even realized the Insect Hashira was using the needle to his right arm.

"Dumbass," Makio murmured, shaking his head as he watched the ordeal pan down.

He hissed when Hinatsuru pinched his arm, giving him a look and shaking his head.

You had a feeling this was going to be a long process.