C. I

Rewrittten

Rewrittten

The day started as peaceful.

It was the afternoon, the sun was promising, its radiant light glistening over the Uzui manor.

Hinatsuru hummed to herself, she was kneeling in the gardens behind the Uzui home. Her hands tended to the fruits and vegetables she'd been growing for the past few weeks. She pulled weeds in the way of the growing process, setting them to the side, inside a small basket. A gentle breeze wafted over her, it caressed her skin, rustling her kimono, and blowing at the strands of her hair.

Not too far from her, sitting along the rear deck of the home, was you. One leg crossed over the other, your leg on top swayed back and forth as you focused on writing in a small notebook. There were hectic notes written along the lined papers, small ink smudges, and your maligned fingerprints were seen occasionally by those who were lucky enough to read your notebook.

You had thousands of notes for potential treatments for Master Kaguya. You had a dedication to finding any sort of medicine you could make, let alone get your hands on, to slow the process of his cursed illness.

You were currently rereading over a new medicine recipe you produced. Shinobu was going to get back to you later in the evening after promising to use the few samples you created on a few patients residing in the butterfly mansion. She and a few of her girls, Kanao and Aoi, would monitor them, taking notes on their progress.

You were excited about what their results would offer.

"Wah!" A loud cry suddenly echoed from within the Sound Hashira Manor.

"(NAME)CHAN!" They screamed, bare feet suddenly darting across the wooden floors within the vast home. The footsteps echoed, gradually growing closer and closer as you sighed, shutting your notebook, and anticipating what was about to transpire next. You shut your eyes, your glasses gently slipping down the passage of your nose, the breeze brushed against you, causing the rhinestone glasses chain to rustle and sway. They were identical to the rhinestones hanging from either side of Tengen's headband.

Settling your notebook to the side, and out of harm's way, you straightened your back posture.

And seconds later, Suma, the youngest spouse in the household, came barreling towards you for comfort.

She loudly wailed, tears glistening in her eyes and dampening her long lashes as her arms coiled around you from behind. When she made an impact, you couldn't help but grunt as she pressed her damp cheek into the white fabric of your haori.

You smelled so good like you always did.

Even as Suma's nose was becoming stuffy, she could smell the familiar aroma of lavender, as well as coconut. She could already feel the warm sensation of comfort swaddling her when your warm hands tenderly pat against her connected hands on your belly. Her fingers tightly laced together, as if she were afraid she'd be ripped away from youâ€"it was a possibilityâ€"considering the stomping footsteps that were bombarding them.