ii.

arabella

Saying this week flew by would be an understatement. I thought being in an academy up north was going to be easy, but these five days that passed, proved me otherwise, and pretty good may I add. We were practicing for six hours per day, with different teachers, doing different things. On week one, my feet were already starting to feel a little sore, and as soon as the lesson was over, I ran back to my apartment and slept until the late hours of the night.

Almost every other girl in the class was skinny and her body was just perfect, and there was I with not so skinny legs, but still thin. It made me feel a little bad, but I kept on reminding myself that everyone's body type is different, and my legs were still ballet material.

It's funny to think about how much pressure has suddenly fallen on my shoulders just from the first couple days. I was gonna stay here for three years, how tough would it actually be?

Thankfully, I won't have to think about that tonight, for it's that party Louise told me about, on that hall of residence or apartment or whatever it is, a couple minutes away from the academy. Of course, I was going to call a cab since I had no idea how to get there through public transportation.

I'd picked a pair of tight high waisted jeans which I had rolled up, a black top, some leather heeled boots and a long grid coat. Shoving my phone on the pocket of my jeans, I left my apartment quickly, hopping down the stairs and guiding myself to the street.

The moment I reached the main square, to get a taxi from there, I found a bunch of signs gathered all up in a corner, one of them having the name of the building I was supposed to go. Casting an eye over a few taxis on my left, and then down at the wallet in my hand, I sighed. It's better to keep the money for later or another day than spend it on a taxi for a five minute distance. Shrugging, I walked towards the direction the sign was indicating.

It wasn't hard to find it. Besides, it wasn't that late and lights were still on, and people were walking outside and everywhere around me. I looked at my watch; it was only 9 pm.

The entrance was full of people when I got there, mostly smoking, some were making out, others were just talking and laughing. Self consciousness got the best of me and I tightened my coat around my body, squeezing myself between them to get inside. Some beat tune I didn't know was playing on full volume and people were jumping up and down everywhere on what I assumed was the hall.

I was getting more and shyer as I walked deeper inside the room. Random people were eyeing me up and down when I walked past them and that flamed my feelings even more, until I bumped into a couple making out and feeling each other.

Wake up Arabella; you came here to have a good time and escape that uptight shitty town, not become uptight and a prude yourself.

"Ugh, fuck it."

I spotted the bar and walked over it, draping one sleeve of my coat down my shoulder and leaned over the bench, signaling at the barman.

He smiled. "What can I get to a pretty girl like you?"

"Vodka caramel" I dryly answered.

Giving me one more nod, he moved away and came back just a couple minutes later, handing me my drink along with a small piece of paper, and a number scribbled on it. Oh god.

I brought the edge of the glass on my lips and took a sip, then gulped when I felt a hand touching the small of my back. A pair of lips latched to the shell of my ear and every spot of my skin shuddered in a sudden wanting. "I haven't seen you round in town before" a male voice whispered and I bit my bottom lip. "Are you new here?"