Chapter 12 Doctor's Deep Dive

"Would you mind if I took off the bandages?" Dr. Killian asks.

"You can't treat the wound with them on can you?" I ask slightly annoyed at the question.

"Well, no but-" I cut him off.

"Then don't bother asking, and just do what you must," I say sighing. I see Dakota flinch slightly from the corner of my eye. Oops, must've been using the villain's voice. He nods I watch him unwrap the bandages he's not much older than me maybe 15 or 16. Who on earth would let a kid this young treat patients? He must be good if he's here but still, it makes me uneasy slightly.

His face turns more and more shocked as he unwraps more of the bandage on my arm. The cuts from the glass and the dark bruising from the rebreak make it look worse than I thought it was.

"I thought you were just coming for a small arm cut, Your arm is broken in two different places and looks almost shattered in one place, not to mention the cuts on your arm, your highness what happened to you?"

"I was attacked a few weeks back by some brutes," I say looking away.

"And you didn't get it treated?"

"Um, well, you see," I pause and take a deep breath and in a softer voice I say," No, Father wouldn't allow me to. He said it was my own fault. I'm the one who ran away into the Market so I'm the one to take care of it." A deep flush carries through my face I look at the door across the room.

"Your Highness!" Dr, Killian Gasps.

"Elisia!" Dakota says at the same time.

"It was fine until I fell into a tea tray last night. Then I must've hurt it again," I say looking away feeling embarrassed at my own weakness.

"I'll set it and clean the wounds but I highly doubt you'll get the full range of your arm ever again. This is a pretty nasty break," Dr Killian says.

"Does that mean I'll have to skip out on training?" I ask instantly looking at him wide-eyed.

"I would highly advise you to go on bed rest for at least one month in order for it to at least set properly," Dr Killian's face was soft and pitting. I hate that look.

"NO! I can't do that! Knight school starts in 2 weeks!" I shout my teeth gritting against each other.

"I'm sorry but this break is among the worst I've seen," he says.

"That doesn't mean anything you're not much older than me! I'm sure there's worse!" I shout.

"Elisia," Dakota says his voice also laced with pity.

"I've seen plenty of patients in my lifetime. I've been doing this for 8 years for your information. It's highly likely you won't even be able to use your arm. I don't know how you're even able to move it if I'm honest," Dr Killian's voice had a bite to it. That only made me angrier.

"You don't understand! If you tell them I need to be on bed rest they'll never let me pick up a sword let alone into knight school! You can't tell them! I need to get into knight school! I'll die alone and forgotten in that house if you tell them!" I say unable to hold my tongue,

"Elisia, surely that's not true," Dalota said, I'd almost forgotten he was there.

"Think about it our dads are very close work partners, My father is sponsoring you through the medical track and yet you had no idea I existed! I can't go back to that," I say shaking from both anger and fear of losing my goal. What was I gonna do if I didn't get into knight school? the original Elisia's arm wasn't badly damaged she used it just fine! She just got time for her to heal with, the way I've been acting they'd sooner throw me into the prison than let me start knight school late like the original Elisia did.