A Walk in the Woods (Mountain x Sodo)

A/N: I was not expecting this to be this long. I deeply apologize!
Type: Fluff🌲💚
—————————————————————————
Sodo has been having his grumpy moments as usual. His guitar kept dying on him during rehearsal and he really wanted to nail this solo. Normally Rain is the one to calm him down and get him back up on his feet but today, he was absent. Sodo quickly stormed off to go to his room. Sodo was walking down the room halls, mumbling curses. Swiss happened to pass by.

"Sodo, you oka-" Swiss began.

"Fuck off!" The fire ghoul flipped him off and went to his room.

Mountain was just watering his indoor plants. He slightly jumped when he heard the door slam. He assumed that it was Sodo. He heard Sodo's groans and complaints from his room. He noticed that the fire ghoul was a mess without comfort. He quickly finished up watering his plants and started walking to Sodo's room. He never really has comforted Sodo before. He knew better not to mess with him. But, If Rain could do it, there's a possibility that he could do it too. He knocked on the fire ghoul's door.

"WHAT!" Sodo shouted.

"Easy, It's Mountain," The earth ghoul said soothingly.

"What do you want!?" The fire ghoul demanded.

"I want to help you out," He said calmly.

"Pfft, you wanna help?? How so? You're not Rain," Sodo groaned.

"Can you just give me a chance? Please? I'll do the best I can,"

Sodo grumbled as he opened the door. He looked like a grumpy toddler from Mountain's point of view.

"Okay.." Mountain sighed,
"Would you like to go on a walk with me? Get some fresh air?"

"Where?" The fire ghoul replied with an attitude.

"In the woods,"

"It's filled with dead trees, what's the point? Plus, I'd caused a wildfire. Why would you want to take me there?"

"Dead trees? Is that what you really think all woods look like" Mountain grinned a bit.

"Well, yeah" Sodo shrugged.

Mountain shook his head,
"Come along with me, you'll see"

"Do I have to repeat myself? I'll burn the whole woods down!"

"Let's calm you down before we go then, I trust you" Mountain sat next to the fire ghoul on the bed.

Sodo only huffed in frustration.

"That's right, deep breaths," Mountain cooed as he took deep breaths. Sodo followed his breathing technique. Mountain then uses his powers on Sodo to make him feel relaxed and less stressed.

"You good now?" The earth ghoul asked. Sodo nodded in response.

Mountain got up and headed out the door. He turned to look at Sodo, the fire ghoul tilted his head in confusion.

"Come on," The earth ghoul said.

Sodo looked even more annoyed. However, Mountain gave him a soft sweet smile, holding his hand out for the fire ghoul to take. Sodo's face softened a bit, he looked away and growled lowly before saying, "Fine," He got up and took the earth ghoul's hand.

They both made their way out of the ministry and snuck into the woods. The gentle breezes felt amazing, the birds were making lovely songs, and the sun bringing beautiful shades of green to life. Mountain absolutely loves being here. The fire ghoul could feel himself being more relaxed. He would always brush his hand against the soft moss that grows on the trees.  Mountain couldn't stop smiling, seeing the fire ghoul enjoying himself made him happy. There was a big log covered in mushrooms. Sodo seemed very astonished, he started to quickly pat the head of the mushrooms. Although, he stopped when he heard noises from the tree behind him. He turned around to see a couple of squirrels sticking onto the tree.

"Woah, what the fuck?" Sodo watched them in awe, looking like he has never seen one before.

"You've never really been outside, have you?" Mountain says as he takes out a couple of nuts and acorns from his pockets. He kneels down on the ground in front of the tree and stuck his hand out. The squirrels look down at him. Sodo watched the squirrels slowly go towards the earth ghoul. They took the nuts from his hand and began to eat them.

"Aren't you afraid of rabies?" Sodo crossed his arms.

"They won't bite," Mountain remarked. "Here, why don't you try?"

Sodo scoffed as he kneeled down next to the earth ghoul. Sodo opened his hand so Mountain could place the nuts on his hand. The earth ghoul then holds the bottom of Sodo's hand and carefully guides his hand out. The two waited patiently for the squirrels to approach Sodo. Eventually, they came and ate the nuts from Sodo's hand. This left another smile on the fire ghoul. The two sat there feeding little critters until they ran out of food for them.

"I must admit, that was cool," The fire ghoul stood up and wiped his hands on his pants.

"Glad you enjoyed it," Mountain got up as well, "Now come, I want to show you something!"

"How deep is this woods," Sodo whined.

"Surprisingly, really deep. However, there's this one spot I'd like to go to when I'm feeling stressed. I just want you to hang out there for a little and then we can return home,"

"Alright," Sodo agreed.

The earth ghoul talked about the woods and nature in general as they walked. Sodo didn't complain at all, he just listened. To be honest, he was interested. He also found comfort in his voice. Eventually, the two found the spot. There was a small narrow stream flowing by. Mountain sat on the grass covered in small white daisies, watching the fire ghoul's reactions to nature.

"Holy shit! This is.. beautiful," Sodo gasped, he kneeled down near the stream and placed his hand in there, the water gently pushing it.

"See, you hadn't burnt anything down." Mountain chuckled. "You just have to trust yourself that you won't,"

"Yeah, yeah," Sodo said as he began rolling around in the grass, smelling the daisies that surrounded him. Mountain laid down on the grass, enjoying the ambiance. Sodo crawled over to Mountain and laid next to him. He closed his eyes and allowed the warmth of the sun to hit him. The warmth made him feel at peace. Mountain looked over at the fire ghoul. He loved seeing him so relaxed.

"Thank you, Mountain. I truly appreciate you bringing me here," Sodo spoke softly.

"Of course, I hope we can do this again someday,"

"I need to get mad around you more often,"
Sodo giggled.

Mountain chuckled, "I'll be happy to invite you on my walks even if you're not angry,"

Sodo smiled as he moved closer to the earth ghoul. He leaned his head against Mountain's shoulder. Mountain wrapped an arm around Sodo. The two laid there in an embrace, enjoying the sounds of nature until it got dark.