Chapter Fourteen: Dad?

"Where have you two been? Tony asked when the two gods walked in.

Loki scoffed and didn't answer.

"My brother senses that Lady Aiden is back here."

"She is," Steve answered.

"Where is the child?" Loki asked. 

"What do you want with her Loki?" Tony asked him, he didn't really trust the god at this moment.

"She has something of mine and I want to meet her. I feel a strong pull to see her."

"Leave her alone for a bit." Steve replied.

"Back to my question, where have you been?"

"We've been looking for the child, but something seems to have happened. She kept moving, every time I went to where she was, she was gone."

"How did you know where she was?" Bucky asked.

"I had a feeling" Loki replied, he didn't know how else to describe it.

"Like a pulling sensation?" Wanda offered.

Loki turned to look at the young witch, "Yes actually. How did you know that? Is it your doing Miss Maximoff" he asked.

"No, she's been talking about feeling something."

Loki was interested, she felt it too "How did she describe it?"

"Like something was keeping her from leaving, she said it was really strong for her."

"When did this sensation start?"

"Last Thursday" Bucky answered, he stood up and walked up to the god, "When you got here....What did you do to her?"

"Fret not soldier," Loki assured, "I have done nothing to the child. You seem quite fond of her".

"I'd do anything for her," Bucky replied, "if you hurt her-"

"I'm not going to hurt her. I simply want what's mine."

"And what is that?" Tony asked.

"My queen's ring," Loki replied.

Wanda was curious, "You said the feeling you had something happened. What are you talking about?"

Loki sighed, he was annoyed with the questions, "Like I said, she disappeared every time we got to where she was. Then suddenly the feeling dimmed, like something was stopping it, it was weak for couple days before returning yesterday morning"

"I know what happened," Wanda replied.

"Please tell Miss Maximoff."

"She was injured, severely. Her powers were...they were failing. She was dying, we removed the ring for a few days while she healed, she keeps it with her constantly. The feeling you are having means you have a bond. Even with the ring off, you felt it, yes?"

"Yes I did."

"Is Lady Aiden alright?" Thor asked, he was worried upon hearing about the young girl being injured.

"She's getting there bud." Tony replied, he had a habit of treating Thor like a child.

"What do her injuries have to do with me?"

"Even without the ring on, you still felt it. You have a connection to her. Yours remained strong for her, but hers was weak because she was dying. She was bleeding to death and starving."

"Quite interesting," Loki replied, what connection could he possibly have with a midgardian child? "Where is she?"

"She's by herself upstairs."