Chapter 4: ERROR! Weapon not found!

Ok, this took a lot more to rewrite because of too many ideas and changes I made, so it ended up with more than 9000 words. The next chapter may be close in words to this one too.

1 week later.

(Y/N)'s pov.

Melty: Just calm down and concentrate your magic power into the incantation, you almost got it.

(Y/N): Ok.

As I prepared for the spell, I imagined it was like pieces of a puzzle to make it easier. I moved the pieces of the puzzle and the incantation slowly came to my mind as I solved it.

(Y/N): "As the source of power of all power, I order you. Stun it" First Spark.

Once I finished the spell, electricity came from my extended hand and hit the tree I was pointing at. It was weak but fast as hell.

(Y/N): I did it!

Melty: Yes, congratulations.

(Y/N): Alright, now to charge my phone.

With my phone in hand, I used First Spark once again while looking at the battery percentage. It was really satisfactory to see it increase so fast.

Melty: Well, even if that was your purpose to learn magic, it's a good thing you did. Though you've been lucky to have affinity for lighting magic, it's pretty rare.

(Y/N): Really? That's a shame, it's quite useful.

Melty: It do is fast but it can be reflected by certain metals. Still, I think you could give it a good use.

(Y/N): Then I'll practice with the next monster we encounter with.

We didn't have anything else to do, so I killed some time with my phone. Melty joined me not too much later, both for curiousness as for boreness.

Melty: Now that I notice, where's your pet?

(Y/N): It has a name, and it's next to the driver. It likes the view.

Melty: I refuse to say it's name, and you know why.

(Y/N): Ok, let's call it Lex. To be honest, I already got tired of the joke.

Melty: You could have just given it a prop-

All of a sudden, the carriage stopped, cutting off Melty and almost making us fall.

Driver: We've arrived to the frontier, I must ask you to get off the carriage so that it can be inspected.

(Y/N): You could have warned us you were gonna stop so suddenly, we almost hit our faces against the ground.

Driver: ..I apologize for that.

Is it me, or did this guy just look at me with disgust? Not to say his apology sounded fake as fuck.

Melty: Just be sure to warn us next time, and be a bit more careful too, please.

Driver: Yes, Princess Melty.

Anyway, we got out of the carriage and soon 2 soldiers came to inspect the carriage. There wasn't anything strange, but I had a bad feeling.

Soldier: Everything is correct, you can proceed.

With that, as soon as they came they left. I guess they can't stay away from the frontier for too long.

Melty: Alright, let's continue with our journey.

Driver: Understood.

Ok, that guy's smiling really weird, there's something wrong in here for sure.

(Y/N): ..Hey, Melty..