Chapter 8: UA Sports Festival Arc; Part 3: Tournament of Power I

Start from the beginning

Bakugou snorted. First time I've seen Bakugou laughing. This is way too hilarious, even for him.

Todoroki glanced our way suspiciously, but I quickly drew myself and Bakugou back. He waved it off then asked again,『Well... are you?』

『Th-That's not it! I mean, even if I was, I would say I wasn't, so I don't think you'd believe me, but anyway, that's not how it is... In the first place, let me ask you something... Why do you think that about me...?』Midoriya asked.

『Since you said, 'that's not how it is,' that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right?』

Midoriya didn't answer.

『Endeavour's my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero forever... If you have something from the number one hero then I... have even more reason to beat you!』Todoroki said. He continued,『My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero he wanted name for himself with crushing force. Because of that living legend, All Might, is a great eyesore to him. Since he couldn't surpass All Might, he moved onto his next plan.』

『What are you talking about, Todoroki-kun...? What are you trying to tell me?』Midoriya asked.

『You've heard of Quirk marriages, right? That thing that became a problem for the second and third generation after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse based only on strengthening your own Quirk and passing it onto your children, forcing people into marriage. The old fashioned way of thinking brought about by a lack of ethics. He's in mind with both accomplishments and money. He won over my mother's relatives and got a hold of my mother's Quirk. He is trying to fulfil his own desire by raising me to be hero to surpass All Might.』Todoroki narrated.

I gasped. Midoriya did the same.

『It's so annoying... I won't become the tool of scum like that. In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly,' my mother said as she poured boiling water on me.』Todoroki reminisced.

I was shocked to the marrow.

『Basically, I picked a fight with you to show him what I can do, without using my damn old man's Quirk... No... I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it.』Todoroki said matter-of-factly.

Bakugou clearly had shock written all over his face. He looked at me in unbelief. I nodded as to what we were hearing was true.

I walked out of that place, dragging Bakugou along, as what we just heard was more than enough for one day.

Surprisingly, Bakugou didn't even try to get out of my grip. I took him to a corner and it was time for our talk.

I apologised to him for the other day when I hurt him with my fire element.

『Huh? I don't need your sorry! And if you think I'm afraid of you, think again, bastard!! Don't try to use this opportunity of me being shocked to pacify me, Dammit!!!』He shouted back at me.

Yep, the old Bakugou was back. But then an unexpected development happened. He calmed down and said,『Stop being so soft. Dammit! I know you don't look down on people, so... I accept your apology...』He looked up and smirked.『Let's spar again later.』

I rose a fist and asked,『So we're good now?』

We fistbumped as he replied,『Yeah...』

TIMESKIP
.
.
.
.
.

Narrator POV

『Now, that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game! But before that, and there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! This is just the sports festival! So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! We've even brought real cheerleaders from America to liven things up!』Present Mic announced. He looked down to confirm but was shocked by what he saw.