Chapter Eight

Giyuu mumbled to himself over and over.
Why was Shinobu being so difficult? Were all women difficult?

Before he could say anything, he overheard something.
What was that?

He heard it again.
Nothing.

He started going in a walk to clear his mind.
"Why should I go back anyway..?"

He then noticed an old man with a really red creepy mask, he seemed to be staring at him while dancing.

"Creepy old guy.." He whispered to himself.

Not 3 seconds later, when Giyuu passed that tree, as if the man teleported to the next tree, and was still dancing and staring.

"Will ya cut it out already?!" Giyuu yelled, annoyed.

Giyuu headed the other direction, and the man was in front of Giyuu.
"What the-!!"

The man laughed and laughed.

Giyuu had enough. "What's going on with you?? Who ARE you??"

The man shrugged. "That is not a question for me. The question is for you! Who are YOU?"

"I think you're confused." Giyuu sighed. The man shook his head. "WRONG!! I'm not the one whose confused. You don't even know who you are, kid."

Giyuu faced him. "And you do?"

The man nodded.
"Of course I do. I held you. You're Kagaya's boy."

Giyuu turned. The man stood in front of him.
"You follow old Urokodaki. He knows the way."

Giyuu raised an eyebrow, but followed the man, who, despite his age, sprinted quicker than any man his age would ever dream to.
Giyuu had a hard time keeping up.

Urokodaki laughed.
"Don't keep him waiting!!"

Giyuu sighed. What did this old man want??

Giyuu kept running still, and only stopped when Urokodaki's creepy mask jumpscared him from the leaves, upside down.

Giyuu's heart races. Why was it so horrifying?!?!

He took a deep breath, as Urokodaki sat by a pond.

"Your father is waiting."

Giyuu crept over to the pond, and looked where the old guy looked. All he saw was his reflection.
Not his father.
He blinked and looked harder. There, he saw his father. The jet black hair, but kind eyes, and a welcoming smile. Giyuu frowned. He hadn't seen that smile in over a decade... Why is he getting reminded of it? This feeling didn't feel good. He looked away from the pool of water, to avoid this guilt...

Urokodaki nudged Giyuu with his stick, and pointed to the sky.

"It's just clouds."

Giyuu said, not seeing the point. He never was a person to stare at clouds.

"Literally just a cloud."

Urokodaki sighed.
"Look harder."

Giyuu groaned and looked hard at the clouds. Suddenly, it slowly formed into Kagaya's face.

His smile, his eyes, he could decipher it all.

His father was watching him from the sky! From the stars! Like he said all those years ago!!

Giyuu stared in awe, absolute awe.

"Father?"

Cloud Kagaya watched him, a slight frown.

"You've forgotten me..." he said.

Giyuu shook his head. "No, how could I?"
Kagaya sighed. "You have forgotten who you are, and so, forgotten me."

Giyuu frowned. "What do I do?"

Kagaya smiled.
"You must go back. You must be the king. You are my son, and the one true king."

Giyuu looks at the ground as Kagaya fades away.

Giyuu stood, watching the sky.

"I know what I have to do, but I don't know how."

Urokodaki smacks Giyuu's head hard with his cane.
"AH! GEEZ, WHAT WAS THAT FOR??"

Urokodaki shrugged. "Doesn't matter. It was on the past."

Giyuu frowned. "Still hurt."

Urokodaki smiled. "That's right. The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it."

He paused. "So what will you do?"
Giyuu smiled. "I'm gonna do it... But I'm gonna take your stick."

Giyuu grabs Urokodaki's cane an throws it, and laughs as the old man runs for his stick.

Giyuu starts running, running as fast as he can.

He finds his way to the hammock area. Makomo and Sabito were still sleeping.

He tried his best not to wake them up.
He quickly grabbed everything he needed.
As he turned to leave, Sabito and Makomo were awake, and looked sad. They didn't want him to leave, so they were coming with him.

Giyuu led the way through the desert he was found in, through the thorny bush, and up the cliff. There, they saw Shinobu, who was struggling.

Giyuu climbed up and helped her.

"I'm home." he said, as she got up. She hugged hm, tightly.
When Giyuu turned, he was horrified to see the place he once loved for it's beauty and care.
The buildings were abandoned... Corpses everywhere.... The place stunk of flesh and death...

Shinobu gasped. "It's worse than before..."

Sabito frowned. "How could it get worse than this? I mean talk about a fixed upper!"

Makomo elbowed him harshly, right in the funny bone. Sabito silently cried.

Giyuu led the way through the town, crossing buildings, and stepping around dea bodies.

Truly, a horrifying moment.