Chapter Six

.
.
Vultures crept along, and circled Giyuu's little, defenseless body.
He was worn out and didn't wanna move.

The vultures started getting close, but before they could, there was a shout.

"WOOOOHH HOOOOO!!"

A little black haired girl with a fox mask was riding piggyback on a cream haired boy with a fox mask.

The boy sighed. "One day, I'm gonna get em, Makomo. I'm gonna do it."

Makomo laughed. "I really wanna see it! They're just so fast, bet a fatty like you couldn't do it!!"
Makomo giggled. The boy took offence.
"I beg your pardon! I'm not fat!! I'm completely normal in weight!"
"Sorry, Sabito. Hey, what's this guy doing out here?" Makomo looked at Giyuu.
Sabito smiled.
"It's only a little guy!! Can we keep him?"

Makomo scoffed.
"Of course not! We can't raise a kid! We're ghosts! We're dead!"

Sabito grumbled.
"But we can touch, scent, smell, everything! It's just that we can't get hurt anymore and we can phase through anything.  We can raise him!"

Then, Giyuu awoke. His expression was grim, and his clothes were torn from his scratches and covered in dust.
He didn't have his adorable little prince look anymore.

Sabito faced him.
"Hey, kiddo! What's your name?"

"Giyuu."

"Where ya come from?"

"Demon Kingdom."

"What's your story?"

".....I don't wanna talk about it.."

Sabito turned to Makomo, unsure.

Makomo grinned.
"That bad?"

Giyuu nodded, before washing his face with the lukewarm patch of water that would soon evaporate. It didn't feel good, but his face was washed. He cupped his hands, and drank. He didn't like the taste, but it's what was there.

Sabito sighed.

"Hey, kid, it doesn't matter. Sometime bad thing happen and you can't do anything about it. But you can turn your back to it and forget it."

Makomo nodded.

"Just don't worry about it. Whatever happened, doesn't matter. It's in the past."

Giyuu lifted his head. "You mean it?"

The two new strangers nodded. "Oh, and I'm Makomo. This is Sabito. Why don't you come live with us?"

Giyuu follows them.

Makomo was in the lead. "Hungry, kid?"

Giyuu nodded. "Do you have any fried lobster or salmon daikon?"

Makomo stops.
"Kid, you're gonna have to learn to eat like us. Observe."

Makomo and Sabito turned to a fresh bush, an along it, blueberries scattered.
"We don't only eat berries, because no one gets full on that. We do sometimes have fish or lizards, and on rare occasions, we can get small creatures like beavers, or rabbits."

Giyuu watches in amazement. This is all food he's never had, other than fish, but he only bad salmon.

He took a blueberry off of the bush, and his eyes lit up, and he took more.

Sabito laughed.
"Don't eat them all. Save some for dinner."

Makomo led them to an open lake, with fresh water.
"Welcome home, kid."

-----
An entire decade passes.

Giyuu was basically raised by Makomo and Sabito, despite them being ghosts. He becames such good friends with them, that he had almost forgotten his days as a prince.
Those days were over.
This is him now.

One day Giyuu went out to get berries for later.
He found a large patch of blueberries, blackberries and dewberries.

His mouth began to water and he placed a dewberry in his mouth.

He headed back to the lake, where Sabito was building a fire.
Makomo did it for him, and Sabito chuckled as he cooked a fish, twirling it to cook it all.

Giyuu placed the package of berries down, and jumped into the lake, grabbing two fish in the process.
Sabito laughed as Giyuu sprayed water on him, and the fire went out.

"Come on, dude!!!"
Sabito struggled to get the fire started again, but when he did, Giyuu extinguished it again.
Sabito jumped into the lake out of anger and and splashed Giyuu.
Sabito and Giyuu sprayed everywhere with water, and made it a competion to see who could catch the most fish first. First to 10, wins.

In the end, Giyuu caught 10, but Sabito kept going, and when Sabito got to 10, Giyuu had caught 27.

Sabito threw a fit and tackled Giyuu in the water.

Giyuu laughed and sprayed Sabito.
Makomo sighed as she was sprayed.

"WE DON'T NEED ALL THIS FISH!!!"

Giyuu laughed and sprayed Makomo.

"HEY!!"
Makomo threw a dead fish at Giyuu, and it hit his face.

Giyuu was still as Sabito threw the fish back, and tackled Giyuu.

The former prince swam fast and got Sabito to chase him.

He had become a new person since he left the kingdom. A deep thought occurred.

What was going on there? How was Shinobu doing? Is she still alive?

He shook off the feeling.
That life was over.
This is him now.

He's not turning back.