Prologue

Year: 2238

Planet: Gliese 486b (Renaming: Earth)

Richard looked at the small pile of purple glowing gems. He then looked up into the sky to see the silhouette of the capital ship in the sky, The Solar Flare was the name of the ship. It was a little over a kilo-meter long. It had Four massive main engines, and no wings. Richard had pale white skin, which was smooth and stood up tall. He had light brown hair, bright green eyes, and small beard and mustache.

People were running everywhere. Carrying supplies, building materials, and mining equipment. They had been working on the planet for the past three years, and The Solar Flare was leaving within several hour back to earth, but it was not taking them back home, it was taking resources back to Earth for use and study. The purple gems specifically. They had been tested multiple times, and it was found that they were holding energy. A lot of energy.

"Sir, all the supplies from Mine seventy-eight are ready for loading. Where's the Stellar-jet?" One of the workers asked.

"It's Late." Replied Richard, "Just keep everyone here and ready." The last time a Stellar-jet had begun entering the atmosphere of the planet, it burned and blew up, fifty-thousand feet up in the air, so they had to mine orbiting asteroids to take the metal and reinforce the hull's of the jets. Even then, entering the planets atmosphere was still tough on the hull and the jet itself.

They all stood there looking up and around. For about fifteen minutes, the only sounds within earshot was the whir of machinery, chatter, and the wind. Soon enough, the jet came into view and landed, opening up it's cargo bay door. The jet was no bigger than a semi-truck, but much wider. It had two engines, one on each wing. People picked up the boxes and crates and began putting them in the cargo bay.

"Careful with the gems!" Richard said to the worker handling the gems. Richard began to help with loading, and soon enough, everything was set for the jet to leave. Richard stared up at the sky as the jet took off. He knew they would not see The Solar Flare for almost sixty years. Lightspeed was fast, but not fast enough. He hoped for many things, He hoped that the gems would make it to Earth safely. He hoped that they would survive. He hoped for the Human race to live on.