the brown skinned girl shrugged. "they would" she laughed once again and Xaila rolled her eyes. Mahary ordered their drinks and handed Xaila hers.

"when's the football game again?" Xaila asked Mahary who took a turn. "Saturday. we still have time to get t shirts" Mahary said excitedly and Xaila smirked.

"someone's excited. sure it's not because of a certain American boy?" she teased and Mahary blushed but waved the girl off. "shut up , Mrs Bellingham"

Xaila rolled her eyes but smiled amd shook her head at her friend as she drank the warm beverage.

after a good conversation , Mahary stopped infront of Xaila's home. "thank you" Xaila said and pecked the girl's cheek. "always, liebe" Mahary said and Xaila took her bag and drink and waved at Mahary before walking into her house.

"ma!" Xaila called out as she placed her bags on the couch. "hey baby. how was classes?" Calizza asked as she entered the livingroom.

"exhausting" Xaila said with a sigh. the older woman's green eyes lit up. "i made some wraps with cuiken and mushroom filling. want to try?" Calizza asked excitedly.

Xaila hummed as she swallowed some of the drink. "is that even a question?" Xaila asked as she walked into the kitchen , after her mom.

she sat at the counter as Calizza put two wraps infront of her. "it's spicy too" the woman added and Xaila smiled widely and picked the first wrap up.

she took a huge bite out of it , and hummed as the flavours burst out of her mouth. "is it good?" Calizza asked with hopeful eyes.

Xaila could feel the sting of the spiciness in the wraps but she was used to it and she actually love it. "it's amazing" Xaila said as she swallowed the rest of the food.

"great , i'll make this on Friday" Calizza said as she took a seat on the opposite side of the marble kitchen counter. Xaila furrowed her brows as she put the wrap in the plate.

"what's happening Friday?" she asked , genuinely confused. "oh , Denise invited us for dinner since i leave Sunday" Calizza said with a smile.

"hmm" Xaila hummed and nodded her head before diving into the wrap once again , biting into the food. her taste buds were having a real party right now.

it was because of things like these that Xaila miss her mom. Calizza always makes the best home cooked meals. her mother was actually the one who taught her how to cook.

Calizza handed her daughter some orange juice and the girl thanked her mom before devouring the wraps once again.

"i'll go clean the dishes , you eat" Calizza said and Xakla gratefully smiled as her mother turned her back to wash the dishes.

Xaila honestly didn't know why her mother don't want to move in with her. but then again , Calizza loved her work and she was successful in that and would never leave it permanently behind.

Xaila's phone buzzed from her pocket and she frowned before taking it out and swiping up. she smiled when she saw it was Jude.

Jude
you at home?

Xaila
yes , why?