"I never said you can't come with me"

"So where are we going?" he questioned as they took the bus. Standing beside him as there were no seats available, Deiji gripped her skateboard with her right hand and glanced upwards. She couldn't be asked to reach the handles that were closer to the ceiling of the bus than her. Flicking over to Sungchan's arm that was already holding onto the handle, she placed on a smug smile as an idea popped up in her head. Reaching her palm upward, she clung onto his arm.

Glancing over to her, he couldn't help but smile at her short figure. Softly he shook his head but was more than happy to let her use him to her please. "We're getting off" dragging him out she dropped her skateboard onto the concrete ground and fled away with the boy tracking behind.

It took awhile until he realised. Scanning the area, Sungchan took in the streets, placement of the trees and buildings. It was awfully familiar. Like he has been here before. "By chance . . ." he began in doubt. Raising a brow he looked back at her as she slowed down to a halt. Turning back Deiji waited for him to catch up to her position so that he finished his sentence. "Are we going to your aunts?" he curiously asked.

Immediately, Deiji grinned at him. Before she even answered, a voice screamed out towards them. It was Deiji's aunt waving at them calling her name out. Running towards the two with a bright gleaming smile, Eun tak lifted Deiji off the ground and spun her around.

"Silly, what took you so long? You said only 10 minutes" laughing lightly, Deiji pulled away and scratched the side of her neck. "Yeah, the bus was late. But I'm here now" smiling, Eun tak looked over to Sungchan and lightly patted his arm. "Haven't you grown up well?"

The boy just respectively greeted her before thanking her for the compliment. Narrowing her sight, Eun tak tilted her head and looked between the two teenagers. Nudging Deiji she leaned closer and spoke loud enough for Sungchan to hear. "He's become handsome. You agree, right?"

Well aware as to what her aunt was up to, the younger girl rolled her eyes and pushed her away. "Whatever, let go" Eun tak just chuckled at her niece's response as she walked towards the house. Looking back at Sungchan, Eun tak took a step closer and looked back to Deiji. "You know she never said she disagrees"

Lips parting slightly, Sungchan slowly blinked realising that Eun tak was indeed correct. Naturally his lips tugged upwards at the thought.

"It's been so long since you visited. Did you just remember that I exist?" clicking her tongue Deiji sent an unamused expression. Letting out a small laugh Eun tak pulled the bowl of frozen berries closer to them.

She popped one into her mouth before looking over to her son. He came back from university for the summer and was helping his mother paint some old wooden furniture.

Glancing over to her cousin, Deiji found Sungchan interacting with him. Her cousin Son hyun-woo was someone Sungchan admired exponentially. With a completed degree, he was now doing Masters while working at a firm. "Does he have any plans this summer?

Eun tak watched her son as he taught Sungchan what to do. "He's planning on introducing his girlfriend to your grandmother. So they're heading to Jeju for a holiday" cocking a brow, Deiji looked back at her aunt. She knew that he had been dating for a few years but she wasn't aware that they were that far into their relationship.

"So what have you been up to?" Eun tak directed to her niece out of curiosity. Humming, Deiji instinctively looked over to her tote bag. "I've become fond of reading" she stroked her bag before tilting her head over to her aunt once again.

Shocked that her niece is for once taking an interest into something intellectual she gaped in astonishment. "Who are you? And what have you done with my niece" clicking her tongue, Deiji scoffed. "Ok ok I get it. You don't have to say it like that"

However, Deiji's smile faltered when she remembered the reason why she visited. The only issue was how to approach the situation and bring it into the conversation smoothly. "Has anything terrible happened to you in the past?"

That was not smooth

She began to regret the way she worded it as soon as she blurted it out. Eun tak obviously was confused and taken aback by the strange question. Nonetheless, she didn't deep it too much about it and answered. Humming, she shrugged her shoulders. "I married your uncle?" sending an unamused gaze, Deiji's features went stoic. She forgot how much of a cheeky person her aunt was.

Noticing how the younger girl was actually being serious, Eun tak dropped her wittiness and sighed before sending a nod. "In life terrible things have to happen for you to move forward" Picking up a berry, she handed it to Deiji.

Eun tak simply assumed that Deiji was going through something, like with friends. Therefore she believed that the girl was indirectly asking for advice, However, as sharp as Eun tak can be at times, she was oblivious at that exact moment.

"I guess that's true . . . what about something that you are unable to tell someone else because they'd not believe you?" Deiji pressed further. Racking her sight over to Deiji in an observant manner, Eun tak understood that the younger girl was up to something. There was a purpose behind her questions. It didn't take long for her to notice. "Example?"

"Uhhh . . i don't know, times when you nearly died" she shrugged. However, her questions began to become less vague to Eun tak more and more. Perceiving this, Deiji made an excuse to cover herself up. "Like when I skateboard I sometimes do dangerous tricks that aren't safe" she scratched her head.

"Why so curious?" folding her arms she placed a leg over the other one. Gulping, Deiji let out an awkward laugh and stuffed some berries into her mouth. "I guess I've been reading too many crime related books" she excused.

"Like ones that involve people dying" Eun tak cocked a brow. "Yes" Deiji pointed a finger. "Guns" Eun tak continued to list out while Deiji nodded. But then Eun tak said . . .

"Kidnapping" falling silent for a second Deiji froze before nodding once again. Smiling Eun tak narrowed her sight and spoke out with a darkened void behind her words. "Poisoning?"

That was all it took for Deiji to realise that Eun tak knew. She had figured it out. "You're not as sly as you think you are, you know Deiji" she smirked. Taking a large gulp, Deiji exhaled harshly before running her palm through her hair. Standing up, Eun tak placed a hand on her hip and looked down at the little girl.

"Why don't we take this conversation somewhere a little quieter"