○ 16

Pushing the door, the boy entered the female bathroom

Pushing the door, the boy entered the female bathroom. It was unlike the male ones he had always been accustomed to. Especially the mirrors that had a light up frame around them. It seemed so much more bougier.

Despite all that, the lingering alcohol and cigar scents remained present with a strong impulsive residue of blood that he is known to. As soon as he was inside and the door behind shut, he raised his gun up standing in position. Concentrating around his surroundings by sight and sound, he scanned cautiously whilst taking steps further inside. It was nothing but empty. Isolated and completely deserted.

With a breathy exhale, the boy lowered the weapon. He began to casually walk around confident. Sure that there was no other existence apart from himself in this area. That was until the corner of his eye caught onto something.

Tilting his head towards the window he narrowed his sight prudently. Walking closer, he faced the grill that was placed near the sink. The midnight gust of wind cooled the warmth inside the building. A chill trailed up his skin sending goosebumps to accompany him.

Immediately he understood that some had escaped. It didn't bother him that much because they had completed the mission. As long as they had not seen their faces it's fine.

Spinning on his heel he was about to leave but something surfaced in his mind. Lifting his shadow like orbs off the door that he was about to head back to, he halted and chose to face the individual cubicles.

Screwing his sight close he gritted his jaw tight before approaching the closest one. Gently he pushed each door examining them all. And for everyone he opened, he raised his gun aiming sharply. They were all empty and now here he was standing in front of the last one. Raising his hand he pushed it open.

A slow creek echoed through the ghastly air. Instantly he raised his arm up positioning his gun. Eyes training in front of him he patiently waited until it completely revealed what was on the other side. An empty cubicle with nothing more than tissue paper.

Slowly loosened his grip off the gun he dropped his wrists down. Standing up straight he faced forward with no expression. Mind blank he did not move an inch.

"Chenle, are you done?" a voice spoke from the bathroom entrance. Remaining still, he did not glance over to his team mate for even a second. Instead he took a deep breath. "Is it empty?" the other boy asked once again.

Still training his orbs forward, Chenle exhaled heavily.

"It's empty" he answered as he placed the gun securely to the back of his jeans. Taking a step back, the Chinese boy retreated away; he exited the bathroom and disappeared.

It was quiet and barely any sounds could be heard. Afterall Chenle was the only one there. However, that was not the entire truth.

A few seconds pass with no sign of life around. That was until the door of the last cubicle slowly opened. Peeking through, Joo ri emerged from her hiding spot in case all her senses heightened along with her adrenaline. She shot her vision to every corner to check if she was really alone or in case he happened to still there.