Sneakers

Bea sat with Henry as he completed his long list of people from the Land of Untold Stories that had come. They had spent the morning finding people from there and putting down their names and a few other things. 

"That's everyone?"  She asked. 

"That we know of,"  Henry said. "There could be more."  

"Including that kid with the teddy bear,"  Bea said. 

"You really want to find them don't you?"  Henry asked, giving a small smile. 

"Kind of..."  Bea said. 

You'll never find that kid. They're probably dead. Had you ever thought of that? 

If they were dead we would've found a body. Silence. Bea smiled. She won that war. 

"Come on,"  Henry said. "Let's go show this to my mom."  

"Yeah,"  Bea said. Bea and Henry walked to Granny's. There was a crowd of people when they entered, all in different wild outfits. 

"Cool,"  Bea whispered. Bea and Henry located the table where Emma and Hook were sitting. 

"Just finished,"  Henry said, as he and Bea sat down. "Signing in the last of the newcomers,"  

"We had everyone put down their name and who they were traveling with, so we can add up who's still out there,"  Bea said, as Henry showed the book to Hook and Emma. 

"Huh,"  Emma said, impressed. 

"Clever children,"  Hook said. 

"Emma,"  a new voice said. Bea looked up and saw a woman holding a toddler girl. 

"Ashley,"  Emma said, smiling. Bea looked at Henry, confused. Cinderella, he mouthed. Bea nodded. "Hi. Hey Alexandria how are you?"  Bea looked at the toddler girl and smiled. 

"You guys wanna sit down and join us?"  Emma asked. 

"Oh no, Thomas was just getting us some food to go and I don't wanna take up your time, I know you're busy,"  Ashley said. "But with all these new people I just, I thought I should help somehow, and since I'm running the daycare, I figured why not offer free babysitting?"  Bea smiled. But also kind of wondered why she hadn't thought about that. 

Because you're selfish, that's why. Bea inhaled sharply. 

"Anyway, I was hoping to maybe get a look at that list just to see who brought kids," Ashley said, pointing to the book of names.  Another thing Bea should've thought of looking for the teddy bear kid. 

"Well if you can understand these scribbles, then be our guest,"  Hook said, pushing the book over to Ashley. Ashley smiled and started looking through the book. A new lady walked through the diner. 

"A new person, Mom wanna come help?"  Henry asked. 

"That's what I do,"  Emma said, as the two stood up to go talk to the new person. 

"Hey, would you mind distracting Alexandria while I take a look at this?" Ashley asked Bea and Hook, putting the little girl on Bea's lap. 

"Of course,"  Bea said, just as Hook said, "I have no idea..." 

"Just do what you did taking care of me before you left me,"  Bea said. 

"Milah did most of the caring, I was busy...pirating,"  Hook said. "You're the babysitter." 

"Just improv,"  Bea said. Hook paused for a moment. Alexandria turned her head away. 

"What's your doggy's name?"  Bea asked.