Old Friends

"Wait here,"  Hyde said, pushing Bea into the mayor's office. 

"You're just leaving me here?"  Bea asked. 

"We're not finished,"  Hyde said, walking out. Bea could hear the door click. Bea sighed. She peered out the window. There was Hyde, with Regina and Jekyl. Bea could see the others in the bushes. Emma had the weapon in her hand. Bea tried to pound on the window, but everyone seemed focused on what was going on. Hyde suddenly started choking Regina. Bea's eyes widened. She pounded harder. Why wasn't Emma doing anything?  Finally, Emma used the weapon on Hyde and he fell to the ground. Bea smiled. She saw everyone pull Hyde away. Her eyes widened, remembering where she was.

"No, no, I'm still stuck in here!"  Bea cried. But everyone left. Bea gave a loud groan. 

"Whatcha ya writing, New York?" Bea looked up from her notebook. It was Martin. She had been training to become a Believer for a few months now. She spent the day training, then went home. For some reason she wasn't supposed to tell Neal, so she just said she was doing school. She always skipped school anyways. Bea and Martin had grown close. She felt like he was the only Believer that got her. For some weird reason, he called her New York. She called him Neverland, but not today. She was lost in her thoughts. 

"I'm just writing,"  Bea said. 

"But what is it?"  Martin asked. Bea sighed. 

"Why do you care?"  Bea said, closing the notebook. 

"Has your guard always been up like this?"  Martin asked, sitting down next to her. Bea sighed. 

"Yes. Every time I let my guard down...people get hurt,"  

"Like who?"  

"I don't wanna talk about it,"  

"Come on..."  

"Are you as deaf as Axel?  I said I don't wanna talk about it!"  Bea yelled. Martin sighed. Bea closed her eyes. 

"Her name was Iris,"  Bea said. Martin looked up. 

"Iris?"  he repeated. 

"Yeah. I thought she was nice...but she wanted to hurt people,"  

"Was she..." 

"One of us? Yeah. Daughter of Cruella Deville,"  

"I'm sorry, Bea. What happened to her?"  Bea shook her head. 

"I don't wanna talk about it,"  

"You can talk to me,"

"No, I can't. Let's go. Didn't Rosey say she wanted us to try and find more recruits?"  Martin nodded. Bea sighed. This is why she didn't let her guard down. 

"Bea?" Bea woke up. Where was she?  Bea saw Regina. 

"So this is where you've been?"  she asked. 

"Hyde locked me in here,"  Bea said, sitting up. "Did I really stay the night here?"  

"It seems so,"  Regina said. Bea stood up. 

"Well...see you..." Bea said. She stopped. "Um, is Hyde being kept in the hospital prison?"  Regina nodded slowly. 

"Thanks,"  Bea said, walking out. 

Bea walked to the hospital. She stopped at the nurse behind the desk. 

"Can I see Hyde, please?"  Bea asked. The nurse laughed. 

"Children aren't allowed to see prisoners on their own,"  

"Seriously?" 

"Yes,"  Bea scoffed and walked away.