Chapter 7 - Art and Projects

Kaveh was walking down the street, looking for somebody selling art supplies. It didn't take long and he found everything he was looking for. He couldn't wait to use them because he happened to spend the rest of his money to afford them... Finally he can be able to sketch all those professional sketches he was missing so much. But with that would also return those annoying customers who act like they know everything... Kaveh grinned just at the thought of it!

"Hey, young man, you're missing 5 mora," the seller brought him back into reality.  

"Really? I-I...," Kaveh wanted to say something because he was sure he calculated the final prize right! But before he could complain somebody slowly wrapped their hand around his waist, which made him shiver at first until he realised whose hand it is.

"Don't worry, I'll pay the rest for him," a familiar voice spoke. Alhaitham... what is he even doing here? Kaveh thought but then saw a basket the other one was holding. He totally forgot that this unfeeling and unreadable man has to eat as well. He would't be surprised if he wasn't even human after all. How can somebody perfectly ignore their emotions? It was mostly no fun with him.

They thanked the man, the blonde took the supplies, giving the taller male somehow grateful look and they slowly continued trough the marketplace.

"Why did you touch me like that?!," Kaveh asked. He doesn't like people touching him, it makes him uncomfortable in most cases. It could be that nobody touched him having good intentions in years.

"Oh, sorry. I saw you having some trouble and it was somehow natural for me I would say."

Kaveh didn't say a word, just blushed slightly as he remembered the sensation he felt back then, realizing just now how intimate it probably must've looked to all those people around them.

"Don't take it the wrong way, idiot," Alhaitham added and kept walking around, stopping to buy something every now and then.

"Your matress came in today by the way," he mentioned since Kaveh was still following him around and he wanted to disturb that weird silence between them.

"Dear Archons, I wasn't happier in my whole life!," Kaveh suddenly smiled heartedly and let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm gonna return home already in that case~," Kaveh giggled and turned around, waving his roommate goodbye.

"Did you bring key with you this time?"

"Uh...oh, you just ruined my good mood you...you," the blonde gave him a death stare but Alhaitham just rolled his eyes.

They ended up shopping all the groceries and other stuff that was missing back at Alhaithams apartment. After this very productive morning they returned back, Kaveh impatiently stepping next to the door, waiting for Alhaitham to unlock it.
At the same moment the door opened Kaveh quickly rushed into his room, unpacked the mattress, placing it on the bed and falling onto it, giggling like a small kid.
Alhaitham watched all of this from the half-closed door with a light smile. He was sure Kaveh wouldn't see him since he's too obsessed with his new favorite thing in the whole Teyvat. But at the same time he felt a strange urge to tease him a little...

"Hey, I hope you'll be able to pay for that mattress soon. And don't forget you haven't paid your rent yet..."

"You...! Can't you see I just want to relax a little bit?! You must ruin my mood every time I get excited! Go fuck yourself!," Kaveh gave him a grumpy look.

Alhaitham just sighed and closed the door, moving onto a couch in the living room. He knew that if he acted kind towards Kaveh he would just push him away because he doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for him.
Such a complicated individual, the grey haired though to himself.
At this point he knew that something draws him closer to his blonde roommate but he wasn't sure what he really felt. Is it joy from being around him? What about that weird feeling in his stomach everytime he smiled or even laughed? Feeling... That word wasn't familiar to him at all. Just very distant one. Is he even able to have these if he doesn't really understand how they work?
How do you know you have the symptoms when you never experienced the illness?

~•~

The architect stretched his hurting arms, he wasn't really used to sitting behind the table for hours. Maybe a long time ago but he got out of it already, he could feel it.
Two sketches done, only eight more to go, he tried to cheer himself up but soon he realised it was impossible. The deadline was day after tomorrow and he wanted to get the best out of himself. He must show them what he's capable of.
The third one was halfway done when suddenly Kavehs head dropped onto the paper with a thud. He fell asleep and don't blame him, it was nearly 4 in the morning.

Alhaitham turned on the bed, his sensitive ears catching the thud that came from his office. Did some book fall off the library? He sleepily stood up and went to check it. Not only all the books were on their places but his roommate was sleeping soundly on his very own work desk. He let out a quiet sigh and decided to carry Kaveh into his room, later returning for his blueprints and placing them onto some drawer.
Then he checked on Kaveh for one last time and whispered good night to him.
Alhaitham left the room, not noticing that the blonde was half awake and blushing a little.
Oh dear Archons, what exactly am I doing right now?, he whispered to himself, quietly leaving the room.

Good night to you too, Alhaitham.

___________
For anybody wondering, yes, I chose Alhaitham fell first but Kaveh harder for this story ;)

Also I'm busy with my holiday part-time job so I won't be able to post until August, I'm just too tired :/

If you have any questions, you can drop them in the comments, I'll gladly answer everything except spoilers for the story of course!