Chapter 4 - Confused Confession

Alhaitham returned his borrowed books into Akademiyas library and signed some papers as well. He realised he was terribly late for his daily meeting with Kaveh but he stayed cool and calm. Whatever, world is not turning around him.
Alhaitham knew Kaveh would be waiting for him by the bar, on the same chair as always. But what he didn't expect was the fact that when he finally arrived, Kaveh is sitting there already drunk and clearly acting very drunkenly (wow). Couldn't Lambad at least keep an eye on him? He must definitely know about his drinking problems by now.
Silver haired man sighed before sitting down next to the blonde, looking at him, visibly confused.

"You didn't even wait for me with drinking today, you drunkard?," Alhaitham tried not to sound angry or maybe disappointed, he knew how sensitive Kaveh gets when he's drunk.
"W-what do yuu mean, Haitham? I'm waiting for ya, right here, you better hurry up into the tavern before Lambad closes..."
Alhaitham just placed his hand on his temple and closed his eyes for a moment, sighing and ignoring that nickname Kaveh just called him. He didn't reply, it wasn't worth it. But at the same time a hardly noticeable smile formed on his lips. Kaveh was acting even more dumb than usual and it was kinda funny.
Kaveh continued his speech but this time he almost sounded serious.

"Alhaitham, I've been thinking..."
"Hmm... interesting, you really know how to use that brain of yours? I'm absolutely amazed. Maybe we could name you the next Grand Sage, what do you think?"

Kaveh gently grabbed Alhaithams hand and put its palm onto his own face, probably to cover his embarrassment.
"I wanted to say... I decided I wanna try living with you from now on. Just for a week, no longer, pwleaseee."

In fact, he didn't have guts to tell him while he was sober, he just couldn't find the courage. So he simply begged Lambad for some strong alcohol to do its magic, not knowing he'll be in a debt later because Lambad can't go and throw the fine wine to whoever begs him for it.
Alhaitham sighed again and pulled his hand away from Kavehs warm face.
"You really said from now on?," he asked.
Kaveh nodded and looked away from him.
"I have my suitcase packed upstairs."
"I don't care," Alhaitham replied and picked the blonde up, carrying him in bridal style, outside the tavern. Lambad burst in laughter the moment they left.

"WaAaaAAAAh, let me down, you son of a bitch! I can walk on my own you know!!!?!," Kaveh screamed and kicked his feet, trying to escape from Alhaithams strong arms.
"Be quiet, we both know that you can't, no need to act all cool. You're so drunk you could barely sit straight," Alhaitham whispered into his ear, trying not to make noise since it was getting late. Some people want to sleep.
Kavehs face got redder, he made an angry face and surprisingly stayed silent for the rest of their way into Alhaithams apartment.

By the time they arrived Alhaitham noticed Kaveh already fell asleep, his head pressed against his muscular chest, with a comfortable smile on his pretty face. He looked almost like an angel while he was sleeping. Somebody could have thought he's actually calm and loving person,  but he's surely not once he wakes up. He couldn't have changed too much in those few years or could he? Even though they chatted every evening, he hadn't really figured out nothing about him since he was always talking about annoying clients of his or how good are todays dishes at Lambads.
Yes, he helped his classmates with their projects back then but Alhaitham would bet he did it for his own gain.

The scribe decided not to wake his very new and very first roommate up so he slowly laid him on his bed since the other room wasn't prepared yet, Alhaitham honestly didn't believe he would actually agree someday because of his pride.
He pulled blondes teal feather and bright red hairclips out of his incredibly soft hair and placed them it on a nightstand.
Then Alhaitham returned to the tavern and picked Kavehs suitcase up. There wasn't nearly anything in it, it was so light. Just why would he get in debts just to finish some dumb project of his?

Alhaitham entered his house and left keys in the corridor, in a bowl he purchased last year to keep all his keys in. Everything had its own place here. Little he knew these days of strict order were over the moment, he brought the architect in.
He entered his bedroom just to see Kaveh with his arms and legs spread all over his very own bed. He sighed and pushed him on one side of the bed while covering himself with the blanket. He chuckled a little bit when he realised how confused Kaveh will be in the morning. Alhaitham honestly can't wait to see his reaction.

___________
Sorry for a shorter chapter, next ones are going to be longer 😭