I - Smart & Bubbly 🫧

Been Loving You This Whole Time - Jessley

Ashley is smart and brunette. She has the high possibilities to go to an Ivy League. Instead, she chooses to go to the cheap university of Barden; just to step into the place her late mother had walked in.

Jessica is blonde and bubbly. She chooses to go to Barden University to pursue her dreams and have that college life. Not with her education, but with a particular singing group who only sings a cappella.

~

As Ashley walked into her dorm on the first floor of Baker Hall, she is greeted with a burst of colour and a bundle of joy. That bundle of joy was her new roommate, Jessica Smith.

"HI! You must be Ashley; I am Jessica if you didn't know already! Where are you from? Why'd you choose Barden? Ugh I am so excited to be your new roomie! We will just the bestest of best friends!" Jessica rushed to Ashley with a hand expecting to shake. Ashley placed her shoulder bag down to the ground quickly to politely shake her hand back.

"Uh, hi." Ashley looked at her with an awkward smile and wide eyes. She wasn't exactly, what do you call it? Talkative.

"Well.. need any help with the unpacking? Mine is all done! And I need some time before exploring the Activities fair!" The blonde bounced with her pigtails.

"Sure, thanks." Ashley grabbed her shoulder bag again and placed it on the bed to her left. Jessica watched as her smile faded a bit.

"You must be a quiet one! It's okay! I love talking! All my teachers have called me the biggest chatterbox of them all! So, why'd you choose Barden?"

"Well, I needed to be somewhere I guess." You're such a liar Ashley. Ashley said while taking out a book from an opened box. To be specific, a book all about the A cappella world! Her mother gave her the book when she was just a baby. She placed the book on the bed, while Jessica read the title 'All about A-CAPPELLA.'

"You like a cappella? I love it! I actually came to Barden to join an a cappella group! They are my top dream from my dream list!" Jessica beamed excitedly to her. Ashley smiled, she wouldn't have guessed that a cappella was the girl's biggest interest. Ashley couldn't say that she loved it too.

"I don't know much about a cappella. My mom gave me this book since she was what was it called? A Barden Belle." Ashley said with not much interest. Ever since her mother died, she kept everything given to her from her mother. Even though she didn't have much interest.

"Funny, you mean Bella, right?"

"That is what it's called? I have been getting it wrong this whole time!" Ashley felt slightly embarrassed. Jessica just laughed; Ashley watched her laugh. To the brunette, the way she laughed was unique. And looked genuine! Ashley gazed at her grin that was looking back at her.

What am I doing? Ashley! Get out of your head! She probably notices you looking at her like THAT!

Jessica was actually completely clueless to Ashley's thoughts and just said, "Well if you want to be like your mom, want to join the Barden Bellas with me?"

"I don't know Jess; I don't really sing. Well in public."

"Oh, come on! It will be fun, trust me! If you're shy, maybe you can sing right now in front of me!"

Ashley watched her with disbelief. Sing? In front of someone she just met. Let alone quite pretty? No way.

* * *

As Jessica walked through the activity fair, her mind was focused on the fact Ashley refused to sing in front of her and told her to just go to the fair, she felt disappointed. Something in her just felt, that the brunette she'd had just talked to, had a connection to gold. In her voice, and her personality. Ashley just had to join with her!

Like fate, "Would you like to join the Barden Bellas? We sing a cappella which is all from our mouths!" A bubbly ginger was looking at her. Jessica took the flyer with appreciation and before turning back,

"Can I have another one?" Jessica said. The two girls in front of her looked in extreme relief.

"You don't know how much I really would like to hear that! I am Chloe." Chloe bounced while the intimidating girl next to her gave her another one.

"And I am Aubrey. Make sure you don't slack if you're a Bella, and whoever you're inviting must know that too."

"Aubrey don't scare her! Don't worry, we are all just here to have aca-fun."

"But if we have stupid people Chloe, we will aca-fail!"

Jessica felt that as her cue to leave before all got worse, walking away slowly but surely. After that conversation, Jessica felt that Chloe seemed kind and welcoming. And Aubrey... not so much.

~