Chapter 4: A truth now told

Začít od začátku

He gets up quickly , looks at Ruby, and apologizes

Lee: sorry

Ruby: (*giggles*) Not your fault , this whole place is ready to come down anyway. Goddamn miracle it hasn't already.

Lee sits on the couch this time opposite Ruby.

Ruby: so , where to begin. Where should I start?

Lee: I'm actually very curious about your husband, since AJ is your son and all ,then where is he?

Ruby: I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 18 at the time, and I had graduated from high school at the time. My parents were very proud of me , it looked like things were going better for us for once in our life. I wanted to be a teacher and inspire young minds.

Lee: a noble goal to strive towards, and also what do you mean by "better for us" ? (So Hell actually has a school system , this day is just full of surprises)

Ruby: well , my family and I were not very privileged when growing up. Imps and Hellborns are in the lower part of Hell's hierarchy and a position in it is mostly determined purely by the strength of the individual in the hierarchy , because of this everyone in Imp City tries their hardest to get by and survive , we Imps have no special powers or magical abilities.

Lee: hmmm , very interesting. (There's definitely a problem within Imp City , the only question here is , where?)

Ruby: when I turned 22 I met my husband , Alvin. I got married to him 2 years later , it was the most happiest moment of my life when things finally went our way. During that time, I gave birth to Alvin Jr , we both called him AJ for short. Things went uphill from there , but it all came crashing down when the yearly extermination began.

Lee: "yearly extermination" , what is that exactly?

Ruby: it's a day that happens before the beginning of a new year. It was announced that Hell is currently suffering an "overpopulation problem."

She says while quoting with her hands.

Lee: "overpopulation"? What kind of excuse is that , if the demons , sinners or whatever kind of ruler over Hell has power beyond imagination, why not use it to create more space for everyone who ends up here? But aside from that what does the Extermination involve.

Lee was quite interested in knowing what really went on in Hell and this whole extermination thing , does everyone get bugs and rodents all throughout the day or something , because it sounds like it. He laughed at the thought , that would just be ridiculous. He focused his attention on Ruby as she continued to speak.

Ruby: I've never seen much of it as I am afraid to step foot outside the house , but from what I've heard and seen on the news , Angels come down from heaven to brutally slaughter and kill every sinner in Hell , this goes on for a full 24 hours. As for the solution you mentioned, I myself do not know why they don't use magic to create more space. There are times Imps and Hellborns are confused for sinners and are killed as well. It's beyond unfortunate.

Lee listened to every word she was saying though there was one thing on his mind right now , something like-

Lee: wait a second , oi , oi, oi

Lee: so you're telling me that Angels , the innocent beings created from light , the Angels that serve God , come down to Hell in order to solve the overpopulation problem by killing?