CHAPTER ONE: THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT

Börja om från början

But Julia still stayed a little cold towards the group, she talked when spoken too but she didn't go out of her way to be friendly.

It was still progress.

The car was filled with a good peaceful silence in Julia's opinion as her and Raya sat in the open trunk. All the bags that had been there were now in the RV to make room for Raya and Julia.

Julia played with her sword handle as Raya played with her bear and whispered to Sophia and Carl excitedly telling them about how the RV with everyone else had been.

Piercing the peaceful silence Lori smiles looking back before looking to Rick with lovey dovey eyes that made Julia fake gag.

"Just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl." She says with a smile as Rick too begins to laugh looking back at the road as Julia looks away.

When she was a kid she never went anywhere, no vacations, no sight seeing, and hell she wasn't even allowed to go to the park or anything.

"I don't remember that." Carl adds as his parents just laugh about the situation. Julia bitterly grumbling to herself on how stupid the Grand Canyon probably was anyway.

The grimes went on a speel about how Carl was just a baby and they didn't make it due to him getting sick. Ricks eyes go to a scowling Julia in the back and he takes a deep breath before speaking to her. Everyone in the car besides the kids stiffen as well.

"You ever do anything like that Julia?" Rick asks and the woman's eyes slowly go to him in a glare as she says a cold harsh no.

"Come on Julia name something ya did we would like to get to know you better." Rick says in an overly perky voice making her eyes narrow before she sighs.

"One time the church took us to a religious camp to learn the ways of gods practice." Julia says with boredom as everyone seems surprised they didn't take Julia as a religious person. I'm fact they thought she'd be more likely to praise satan.

"Was it like a summer camp?" Carl asks excitedly and Julia huffs to herself saying a bitter no. "Just workshops listening to old geezers talk about sin all day." Julia spat making the kid slump in his seat disappointed by the answer.

"Is that where you did your plays?" Raya asks out of no where rather loudly making Ricks dejected face go to one of hope. But he glanced in the rear view mirror to see Julia looked uncomfortable.

"What kind of play?" Sophia asks looking at the woman who shrugs and avoids eye contact.

"She played a pretty princess and she got to wear a wedding dress. It's in her photo album look!" Raya had snatched the book and pulled it out of no where making Julia gape and before she could grab the book it was passed off.

First Carl and Sophia were looking at the photos and Sophia agreed that Julia made a pretty princess. Julia tried to grab the book trying to process how Raya had it this whole time. But then the book was passed to Carol who's smile twitched as she saw the wedding photo.

She was going to pass it back to Julia understanding that at least that photo wasn't what the kids thought. But Carl grabbed it and appeared between his parents seats showing it with a smile as Lori forced one but she too stared at the wedding photo with some surprise.

Rick- Ricks smile dropped quickly as he saw the photo, Julia wasn't smiling in either and she looked far too young to even be in a wedding dress. As Carl handed the book back to Raya Julia snatched it from her hands and stuffed it in her book bag. She gave the small child a heated glare that she looked confused by.