𝒙𝒙𝒊. twenty-one

༺❦༻

twenty-one,
❝ explanations!

JAIZEN FORGOT WHAT it was like to have a peaceful sit down breakfast- a proper one, not just a fruit or quick snack she found in her pantry whilst getting ready. so when it was around 7:30am with the morning sun illuminating the atmosphere, and jaizen sat by the island counter eating a hearty breakfast made by diana, safe to say her morning was starting off great.

truth be told, she was a little nervous to be staying over, considering she hadn't properly met dustin's dad. but just before he went off to work, the two had a proper introduction. he greeted her warmly and the two got along very well, which subsided her nerves completely. he was happy to be finally meeting the girl his son's been unsubtly head over heels for the past couple months. oh, and his niece's best friend.

"thanks again for the breakfast, diana. it tastes amazing." jaizen smiled.

diana looked up from clearing the dishes and waved her off. "anytime, darling. don't be afraid to help yourself to more. i know my husband doesn't have that problem- whew, pretty sure that man loves my cooking more than me."

jaizen laughed slightly in response as diana leaned her arms against the counter. "but of course, like my mama always told me: the way to a man's heart, is through his stomach." she beamed.

jaizen nodded, finding diana very charismatic. she was a pristine woman, but knew how to have some fun.

suddenly, footsteps walking upstairs were heard and diana shook her head. "he's finally up, that lazy boy."

jaizen stifled a giggle before taking the last bite of her breakfast. the plate had nothing but small crumbs on it, having been scraped clean. she was about to get up and wash the plate but diana stopped her and took it. "no need, i'll wash it for you."

jaizen returned to her position on the chair and smiled gratefully, not knowing how she could possibly pay back this hospitality.

after diana finished washing the dishes and putting it on the drying rack, the hallway phone started ringing. diana told jaizen's she'd be right back and left to go answer it.

"hello, long residence.."

as soon as diana left around the corner, jaizen heard footsteps behind her and knew it was a certain boy who just woke up. what she didn't expect, though, was when he went up behind her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. he placed his head on her shoulder, too.

"you need to come 'round more often. my mama only makes this fancy breakfast on special occasions." he chuckled.

"oh so you're using me as a way to get fancy breakfast now, hm?" she joked, holding onto his hands in front of her chest.

"don't hate the player, hate the game." he shrugged, earning a laugh from her.

DUSTIN WALKED WITH jaizen to her locker, his arm around her shoulder. it was no doubt people in their grade knew something was up, seeing as this was a regular thing to find dustin and jaizen very close. but even if jaizen didn't mind- no, even if she loved the fact that dustin's love language was physical touch, she was still confused on what they were.

they acted like a couple.

but we're just friends..

what if dustin does it as a friendly gesture?

but i haven't seen him do it to anyone else but me..

what if dustin doesn't think anything of it?

but what if he does?

it was a constant war in her mind ever since her and dustin gradually got closer. she couldn't help it- if there was a prize for being an over thinker, she'd probably get first place.

dustin noticed jaizen get quieter and soon be deep in her thoughts. before he had a chance to ask, he saw his cousin engulf jaizen in a hug. he removed his arm around her and stuffed his hands in his pockets, seeing the two best friends hug as if they haven't seen each other in years.

"i haven't seen you in years!- no, decades!" monique exclaimed as dustin chuckled.

"how could you leave and not tell me?! are you okay? i tried calling and none of you picked up- i was scared as fuck!" she pulled away but still kept her hands on jaizen's shoulders, seeing the girl nod her head with an amused smile. "thank goodness. but i'm also mad at you for leaving me with those two."

monique pointed behind her, the two girls watching dustin greet his friends but also get bombarded with questions. jaizen laughed, "it couldn't have been that bad?"

"alex and monique left me at the table with jenna, bro! jenna! after she made some corny ass joke. dude, that's the second time!" the two girls suddenly heard brandt complain to dustin who was in a laughing fit along with alex.

monique turned back to jaizen with raised brows, "and that was only the half of it."

jaizen made an 'o' shape with her mouth, finally understanding. "if that was half, i'm scared to find out the rest of it."

"mhm, anyways," she turned to both her cousin and best friend, "why weren't you guys in yesterday?"

luckily, dustin and jaizen made up a lie for this question during their walk. it's not that they didn't trust their friends, but it was best if they kept a few things to themselves and each other out of privacy.

"oh i overslept and dustin and i decided to skip school." jaizen shrugged with dustin nodding along. she said it as smoothly as possible- and technically, it wasn't a complete lie.

all of a sudden, alex put his hands out to monique and brandt. "ha, you guys owe me ten dollars!"

monique groaned as brandt threw his head back in annoyance. alex chuckled, "c'mon, five each, let's see it."

both monqiue and brandt glared at him before lazily getting $5 each and handing it to alex who had the biggest grin on his face.

dustin's jaw fell, "wait you guys bet on us?"

"pretty much."

"i'm not even surprised at this point."

ׅ𖥔 ۫ iloveblondead speaks ! ⋄ 𓍯

filler chapter but i love this
group sm

alex is so real for betting on
them LMFAO icon

+ you guys are gonna love
the next chapter i promise :))

+ hope you liked it & as
always voting & commenting
is much appreciated lovelies!🫶🏼

༺❦༻