𝒙𝒙. twenty

༺❦༻

twenty,
❝ a trio of surprises!

YOU KNOW WHATS worse than having to go through a whole day of school? having to do it without your best friend who is usually never absent. it's even more of a heartbreak when that very best friend didn't give you a heads up or even inform that she wasn't going to be in.

so, when monqiue arrived at school and didn't see jaizen by her locker at the same time everyday, safe to say she freaked out just a bit.

that 'a bit' being equivalent to a decent amount.

she waited by her locker for a couple minutes, assuming that jaizen was probably running late, or maybe her and dustin got caught up during their walk to school. but when it was nearing 8:30 and jaizen still wasn't there, monique started to worry.

she decided to result to her last option. with an annoyed sigh, she left jaizen's locker to go find the only two boys who knew about dustin and jaizen's morning school walks. maybe they would know about the two's whereabouts.

she went down the hallway and rounded the corner. however much to her dismay, she collided with someone and due to her speed walking prior, it made her fall backwards. luckily, she only fell on her ass and didn't hit her head on the ground. that would've been a lot more embarrassing in her opinion.

"hey, what the hell?! watch where you're-"

once she looked up to see the culprit, she groaned in irritation. "oh great, as if my morning can't get any worse." she sighed.

looking up, she saw brandt and alex peering down on her. one cringed at what just happened, and the other tried to hold in a laugh.

"shit, my bad monique." brandt said after laughing as he put a hand out to help her. however, when he saw monique look at it instead of taking it, he scoffed. "hey, unless you want footprints on you, take it."

just then, monique got up without his help and dusted herself off. brandt awkwardly retracted his hand and rubbed the back of his neck.

when brandt heard alex's muffled laughs behind him, he nudged alex with his elbow slightly and turned around to look at him. alex stopped laughing, but once brandt turned around again, alex had a grin on his face.

"nice to see you falling for me." brandt teased.

"yeah and next time i'll take your annoying ass down with me." she rolled her eyes.

"oh? so there's a next time?" brandt grinned. he had a love for messing with monique and vice versa. that's just how their dynamic was and always has been.

alex saw monique about to retaliate and decided to step in, not wanting to hear his two friends bicker at eight in the morning. "you okay? why are you in a rush anyway?" he moved himself so he was beside brandt.

monique gave him a tight lipped smile before shrugging, "yes..and no? listen, zen's not in today and ion' know why- she's hardly ever late or absent," she then looked around quickly before facing the two again, "where's dustin? maybe i can ask him."

the two boys shared a look before shrugging simultaneously. "we were thinking you would know and went to find you." alex told her.