𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. eighteen

༺❦༻

eighteen,
❝ cafuné!

THE NEXT MORNING, dustin made his way to jaizen's house so they could walk together as per usual. though, he was both nervous and excited since he decided to ask her to the dance during their walk to school.

upon arriving at her house and waiting for her at the front, it was only a matter of waiting two or three minutes for jaizen to walk right out.

although, dustin waited for around ten minutes and she still hadn't shown up.

his worry grew, and he debated on whether to knock on the door or not and check to see if she was alright. he took a hesitant step forwards, but ultimately he decided against it, since he didn't want to disturb one or both of her parents if they are inside.

after a minute of internal conflict and a load of confusion, he realised he was going to be late to school and started walking away with a frown. he figured he would call her straight after school, or even ask monique if something was wrong.

however, the sound of the front door opening made him stop in his tracks. he turned around and instead of seeing jaizen, he saw a woman in the doorway. he assumed it was her mother, since she looked a lot like jaizen.

"excuse me dear, but are you dustin?" she asked softly.

dustin walked back to the front of the house and nodded, "yes ma'am."

jaizen's mother sighed in relief, "thank goodness. i've heard a lot of positive things about you from my daughter, so i thought maybe you can help."

he furrowed his brows, "help with what mrs diaz? is everything okay?"

dustin watched as mrs diaz's whole demeanour changed to a solemn one, making him even more worried than he was before. "it's..its jaizen, she won't talk to me and hasn't left her room since last night. i'm hoping that you can talk to her at least."

at the mention of something being wrong with jaizen, he didn't hesitate to agree. mrs diaz opened the door wider and gestured for him to go inside. dustin scanned around the house briefly before thanking her and taking off his shoes, leaving him in his socks. it's common courtesy not to wear shoes inside someone's house, especially when you've never been there before. or maybe that was just how he was raised.

"her room is upstairs, first door to your left," she informed the young boy, "i'm sorry to have to ask this of you- i'm just really worried and didn't know what else to do."

"it's alright, mrs diaz, i don't mind." he gave her a quick reassuring nod before going up the stairs and towards her room.

once he was stood in front of her room, he knocked gently. "zen? you okay? it's dustin." he spoke a little quieter.

after being greeted with nothing but silence, he sighed, "if you don't answer i'm gonna open this door."

he waited, but yet again, no reply.

"aight if that's what you want then.." he put his hand on the door handle and pushed down, slowly opening the door.

he peaked inside, seeing an average bedroom so far. the curtains were closed, but the only light source being the morning sun seeping through it. but when he opened the door wider, he spotted a tissue box on her night stand and her bin practically filled with them. there was also a plethora of makeup scattered around her desk. some opened, some closed.