𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. thirteen

༺❦༻

thirteen,
❝ solo!

IT WAS THE thursday before the trailview middle school showcase on friday night, and jaizen was currently in the music room with monique who was practising on the piano for the choir.

once monique hit the last key, jaizen clapped for her best friend with a wide smile, "bravo!"

she bowed in her seat before laughing, "thank you, thank you."

"i still can't believe you play piano- and to think you couldn't get anymore hotter." jaizen exclaimed, watching her best friend put the music sheets back in order.

"says you." she smiled, "but yeah, i've been learning since i was a child. i remember one time, me and dustin were around five and we both sat by a piano in our grandma's house, and dustin accidentally pressed on a key and started crying because it scared him." she reminisced on the fond memory as jaizen laughed.

"oh, he's never gonna live it down for that."

she loved when monique would tell her stories about her and/or dustin when they were younger. one of the perks of having his cousin as a best friend.

"are you coming to watch me tomorrow night?" monique asked.

"of course, i wouldn't miss it for the world! and you're gonna do great, don't worry." she reassured, "me and dustin will also be there for support."

monique smiled and went to hug jaizen who gladly accepted it. right as they did, the bell rang. monique let out a long, exaggerated groan before the two broke off the hug.

"i have history on the other side of the building." she complained and picked up her school bag, "i'll meet you at your locker after class."

jaizen nodded as they both left the music room, conversing about the concert.

JAIZEN HAD SCIENCE next with a kind teacher called ms honay. unfortunately, neither monique nor dustin were in her class. the classroom was laid out in tables with four people on each one, and due to the fewer people in the class, jaizen had an empty seat next to her.

however, she sat across a girl who she knew as gina ( one of becca's friends who she actually liked ) with alex next to her. a bunch of microscopes were scattered around on each table by the teacher halfway through the lesson.

"class, we are going to look at the microscope today. we're going to be very delicate." she announced, setting up the last few microscopes. "time to pair up!"

jaizen shot up at her words, knowing she didn't have a partner, and the only other people without pairs were jared, connie, and anna.

she secretly crossed her fingers underneath the table, silently hoping she didn't end up with anna. she was even hoping for connie m- anyone other than the tall blonde would do.

ms honay scanned the class and started listing off the new pairs. "jared, you go with connie. jaizen, go with anna."

well fuck.

jaizen's eyes widened before she turned around to see anna stop in her tracks, a piece of paper in her hand. the two shared brief eye contact before jaizen turned back around. her gaze then landed on a certain brown haired boy and she had an idea.