Brian finally let himself sink on the chair, Mile frowning in confusion, this could not be the only reason he wanted to meet him. Quick talk after meetings is easier, he narrowed his eyes

Brian chuckled, "Khun Phakphum. I know you're smart, never look at me like you want to murder me. I almost thought you're someone else," Brian jokes, it was wholeheartedly a joke but his heart jumped at the mentioned of someone else

The man in front of him, did not mind his shocked face and mouth slightly gap open. His hand reached for his leather briefcase. It soon opened to his view, one document with a confidential bold on its hardcover caught his eyes. His shock turned into confusion, he observed Brian steady, no emotion eyes, "What the hell is this?," he spat. The man with blue eyes said nothing and laid the folder facing him.

"I don't want anything from you. Our past has nothing to do with this. But I had done some digging on your case," Brian said smoothly. He opens the folder, as he sees Mile hands tremble as it hovering on it. The sight he saw sent chills down his spine, the burn warehouse.

Mile closed it as fast as it opened, "Case was close. They caught Arthit," Mile spatted. His palm meets the table, a loud thump echoing through the room. "I know you wanted to bring justice to your father. I understand that. You might resent me. The evidence was clear. I'm sorry for your loss but I've also lost someone too—," he let his heart mourn. There's fire in Brian eyes. He looked at Mile, pleaded for something he couldn't see, "—I was a kid too," Mile's voice cracked.

Look akin to understanding flash in their eyes. Memory they once locked, rattle to open.

They used to be friends before the accident happened. He was Mile's real childhood friend. Even though Brian was 5 years older than him and acted as his older brother. He always looks at the older child as his true friend. Their father Arthit and Phassakorn were good friends too, a generational friendship. They grew up together even though they were 10 years apart in age. Arthit had been a good mentor for Phassakorn in his early business. Both were born from millionaire families but Phassakorn was gifted with the greatest gift of ideas, his family business thriving in his hands.

In a blink of an eye, he suppressed his older friend in all areas and everyone dubbed him the business god.

After the incident, the detective who investigated the case found a lot of evidence and a burner phone which directed to the kidnapping. It was obvious.

The kids' friendship ended as soon as Arthit was caught by police. His mother was also too heartbroken to keep in contact with the Channarong family. Only when Mile took over the company, he let that family continue their partnership in business. Then, Mile came to know that Brian had spent his life trying to prove his father's involvement. Mile had tried to keep the professionalism, but now Brian was scaring him again.

Mile kept quiet, the silence was dreadful. Brian knuckled whiten, his eyes moist with tears, "In the first court, there is no evidence of anyone else's involvement. But then suddenly your mother suggested my father's name to the investigation. I heard people talk, you mentioned his name, right?," he pointed out, his eyes flashing with accusations, just on the tip of his tongue. Mile knew someone bound to pointed finger into his memories. The involvement, the trauma. Brian continued, "But you also said that you could not recall", his eyes narrowed.

Mile breath hitch. Out of anger and fear, he took the confidential folder and threw it onto Brian face, the contents fell out of it, Mile kept his eyes on the blue piercing, "Out Brian. I had helped your dire company from bankruptcy. I did not deserve this. We are nothing now. I don't know you, and you don't know me. We are complete strangers with a tie of business. I wanted to keep this professional, but the power is still in my hand to discard you. So, while I still have my patience intact. Out and never spoke about that incident again," Mile yelled. Brian looks at him broken, eyes shine with moisture. He stood up, gathered the contents of the folder, and looked at Mile with disappointment. Mile keeps his angry eyes on Brian, afraid that if he looks down, the pictures of the aftermath of the event flash into his eyes.