CHAPTER ELEVEN: ESCAPING DEATH

Start from the beginning

But as they reached the lobby the sun shines through the bright windows yet the doors were still locked. All the men immediately tried to break the glass making Julia roll her eyes at their futile attempts. It was just pathetic that they thought the CDC wouldn't have unbreakable glass.

Shane even tried shooting it which did nothing making Julia mutter to herself how incompetent men were making Shane glare at her and finally blow having enough of her.

They were about to die.

"PROBLEM JULIA! JUST GO AGEAD AND SAY IT IM TIRED OF THIS ATTITUDE SAY IT!" He yells rushing up to her but he gets held back by Rick and t-dog as Daryl and Glen move between the pair.

"THIS IS A GOVERNMENT BUILDING ASSHOLE AND UNLESS YOU GOT C- MOTHER FUCKING 4 WE ARE NOT GETTING OUT!" She screams making him stare at her with a glare still but her words remind Carol of something.

"J-Julia's right. Rick I got somethin that might help." Carol says while digging in her purse making Shane scoff.

"I don't think a nail files gonna do it Carol." Shane says with distaste hating how Julia had been right that their attempts were futile but at least he could say he tried. What did she do? Nothing but say negative things to try and make them lose hope.

"Quit being a sexist douche." Julia snaps and once again Daryl stood in between her and Shane as T- dog and Glen dragged Shane away.

"Knock it off." Daryl growl lowly to her as Julia stares at him blankly. "Why? He doesn't deserve a lick of damn kindness from me." Julia says in a low hoarse whisper that makes Daryl shake his head.

"Why not?" He asks with a sigh maybe Julia would explain why she was so crazy why she acted the way she did. If they were gonna die it felt like the one mystery he'd prefer to know about.

"Because rapists don't deserve anything in this world but their guts spilling on the floor by my sword." She seethed before pushing away from Daryl and going to Raya who clutches her bear crying.

Daryl just watches her walk away before his eyes go to Shane who glares at her like his life depends on it.

All of this happens in a short amount of time as Carol finally finds the get made and hands it to Rick. "I found this in your clothes when I did your laundry that first day at camp." She explains handing him the explosive that he takes he gently.

"EVERYBODY BACK UP!" Rick yells and everyone does, he sets the Bernadette by the window before running at the group as fast as he could. The explosion goes off behind him and Julia says a soft wow as she grabs Raya and their stuff and starts running.

They get to Julia's truck and right as they climb in Daryl's yelling look making Julia look at the CDC to see Dale and Andrea coming out.

Truth be told she didn't even notice the fact they hadn't been with them.

"Their not gonna make it." Daryl whispers which confuses Julia because they managed to get out of the CDC before it locked for good and they would have been locked in the dark. Unbeknownst to her.... That wasn't the case.

Daryl begins honking and Dale and Andrea throw themselves behind a army barrier. Daryl grabs Julia and Raya forcing them to lay down as his body hovers their.

"DONT FUCKING TOU-" Julia begins to yell ready to thrash against his hold when the entire truck shakes and a loud bang rings throughout the whole truck. It felt similar to an earthquake and made Julia's words stop mid sentence as she grabbed Raya tighter.