4: Hesitation (Isn't An Option)

Long chapter time my dudes... 7k+ words! Enjoyyyy!

...btw, do you guys see it when i add a new chapter but dont publish it? What does that look like to you guys? Just curious. Anyway, onto the chapter!

Edit 4/8/24: Minor edits

===

"Now, perception is..."

It's cheap, but...

He scribbled a note on his page:

Too basic. Sweater is easy to get tho...

"...Meaning, no one truly sees the world as it is."

Very cool, He wrote near a sketched-out scarf.

And gloves! Gloves are a must... maybe a mask too... is a ski mask too cliche?

Absentmindedly, he began to scribble out a circle. Then another. Then some lines... Wait, is this a spider? He shook his head and went back to the costume.

There was something about the design that didn't seem right yet, but if there was anything he remembered of those video tutorials, it was that a trial design never hur-

"Kurusu!"

Akira shot up to find a very angry Mr. Hiruta, and his pencil snapped in half in the process. Amidst his seething, he heard the snickers of a few students.

The shift of his seat towards them was enough to silence them. Good.

"Kurusu," the teacher repeated, the boy in question turning back slowly. "Since you seem to have no interest in paying attention, can you tell me which of these lines is longer?"

Akira squinted at the board. You would think enhanced sight could tell the difference between two lines, but he found nothing. The angle was a bit confusing, but it made no difference. He shrugged. "I don't know, they look the same..."

The scoff he anticipated never came. Instead, a brief clapping. "Very good," he said, almost in disbelief. "As you can see..."

Weird...

He returned to his sketches to find a massive dash of gray where he was drawing before. And unfortunately, the eraser part of his pencil was long gone. Another spider was sketched, but he stopped. What is this...? I need to focus! Stupid pictures don't matter when I'm just robbing a place...! Frustrated, he wrote his thoughts.

This... is... stupid-

The bell rang abruptly, sending his heart into a panic. His pencil, once again, had its edge broken. The splintered edges nearly drew blood from his finger when they grazed him. He wrote a furious note to get earplugs, threw his things into his bag, and left in a huff.

 He wrote a furious note to get earplugs, threw his things into his bag, and left in a huff