SIX. never have i ever... gone to prom

Start from the beginning

And Fabiola was heavily apologetic, but Devi didn't want to hear any of it.

But Eleanor really need everyone to be friends again... for a reason she had yet to disclose.

"Since when do you wanna do to Princeton?" Devi asked.

"I wanted to tell you, but how could I?"

"I don't know, maybe with words?" Devi scoffed, "I can't believe you'd lie about something so important to me."

"I know. I am so, so sorry."

"You know what? Being deferred was already a stab in the heart. I didn't also need to be stabbed y the back."

Devi stormed off and Ms. Warner approached the three friends in the hallway.

"Stitch still a little tender, huh?" She questioned, "I actually came to talk to Eleanor. So contrary to the email, we're gonna need you here at 6 on Friday, not 7. That's when everyone's lining up for—"

Eleanor quickly shushed Ms. Warner and she quickly looked over at Kalani and Fabiola.

Ms. Warner took a deep inhale, "Okay, this little friend group needs to do a much better job of communicating."

Ms. Warner walked off and Kalani turned, "What was she talking about?"

Eleanor didn't say anything and quickly left the duos side.

Ms. Warner was right, this friend group really needed to work on communicating better.

THE NEXT everything seemed to be okay with the friend group. Devi and Fabiola made up and Eleanor was graduating in two days.

Kalani, on the other hand, began digging through her locker when Ben approached.

"Hey." He called, "I heard about Brown."

Kalani sighed, shutting her locker, "It's whatever."

"Whatever?" Ben questioned, "That's your dream school."

"I was deferred. It's not bad thing."

"It's okay to be sad, Kalani."

"I am." She confessed, "I'm very sad about it, but like I said, it's not a bad thing. All my friends were having their own thing happen and I just took my sadness out on Jodie Sweetin."

Ben smiled, "I figured. You've always liked her."

"More than you know." She sighed, "Congrats on Columbia, by the way. Did you and Margot celebrate?"

"Yeah, uh, we broke up." Ben sighed.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, I guess we both took an L this week." Ben paused, "Uh, well, all right, I'll, uh, see you after winter break. And good luck with Brown."

And just like that, Ben Gross was single and winter break and begun.

AND AS quickly as it came, it left, and everyone was back into school (minus Eleanor) for the spring semester.

And apparently, Devi had been accepted into every single Ivy school. Meanwhile, Kalani hadn't heard back from Brown since.

"Devi Delishwakumar, you saucy little genius!" Eleanor smiled as she wrapped the girl into her arm, "Congratulations!"

"What?"

"You got into every single Ivy." Kalani smiled, "That's impressive."

"Your mom called my mom. That's unbelievable." Fabiola said, "You guys, look at us. Eleanor is basically seconds away from being a Hollywood star, and Devi and I are gonna be roomies at Princeton."