TWO. never have i ever... been on the worst date of my life

JODIE CHANGED Kalani's life

JODIE CHANGED Kalani's life. She truly had. She gave that girl a voice she never thought she would have.

So, when Kalani absolutely blasted Ben Gross on his porch step after their date, Jodie was absolutely, one hundred percent proud of Kalani Wang.

But with her popping of the way that she did, she had said, and Jodie can quote, "You lied! We're through. I'm done!"

What the hell could Ben Gross have done to push Kalani away like that?

Well, it starts on date night.

KALANI SAT in her bedroom that night. This date was going to change lives... at least, that's what her sister Meredith said.

Meredith had kindly curled Kalani's hair and left Kalani to do her makeup on her own.

"First date with Ben." Jodie smiled, "Aren't you excited?"

"I think I'm more nervous."

Jodie furrowed her brows, standing behind Kalani as she brushed through her eyebrows.

"Why? You and Ben have been dating forever. This date should be like one of your typical non dates which is like... every time you guys have hung out."

And Kalani was a hundred percent right about being nervous for this date. She and Ben didn't even make it out the front door when Ben's parents stopped the couple from leaving the house.

"You're Katie, right?" Ben's father, Howard asked.

Kalani chuckled awkwardly, "It's Kalani actually."

It was odd. Kalani had been over plenty of times. She would pass Ben's on multiple occasions and they thought her name was Katie?

"Kalani." Howard chuckled, "My apologies. Where are you and Ben headed out this late?"

"It's nothing, Dad." Ben said, "We're just going out."

"Out? What happened with Shira?" Ben's mother, Vivian asked.

Shira Liedman was a girl that also attended Sherman Oaks, but Kalani didn't know anything about her and Ben... and that's where things began to crumble.

"Shira?" Kalani questioned.

Ben scoffed awkwardly and grabbed Kalani's hand, "Hey, we should head out now. We have reservations-"

"Shira?" Kalani said once more, "What about Shira?"

"Ben use to bring her over all the time. She use to come over for dinner, but I couldn't tell you the last time she was here." Vivian said.

Kalani nodded, holding a smile as her grip on Ben's hand tightened, "I'm sure she's missed. But we do have reservations to attend. It was so nice seeing you."

Kalani didn't wait for an answer as she dragged Ben out of the house and slammed the door behind her.

"Shira!? You were bringing Shira over? And for what?"

"Kalani, I promise it's nothing like what you're thinking?"

Kalani furrowed her brows, "So you were just bringing Shira over because she would... I don't know, suck your dick?"

"No! No, it's not like that." Ben said, "She was using me, okay? For money, like everyone else has. My parents never thought I could get a girl to like me without bribing them with something. Shira was using me."

"Was she using you when we were together?"

"No."

Neither of them said anything. Silence brewing higher and higher between them.

"Why do they know Shira's name and not mine?"

Ben sighed, "She's been over a couple of times-"

"A couple of times?"

"It's nothing, Kalani."

"It had to be something Ben. Your parents know her name Ben. I'm just Katie to them. What was she doing here? How was she using you?"

"No one knew that we were together and she just-"

"Made a move. And you didn't think to stop it?"

"Kalani, I'm sorry."

Kalani chuckled, "I'm sorry, Ben. You lied! And I was an idiot for thinking any different of you. I have always been there for you. Checked on you whenever Devi was a bitch to you and maybe she was on to something. Did you tell Shira to stop or did you like being used?"

Ben didn't say anything further and Kalani smiled, "We're through. I'm done."

Kalani hit Ben's shoulder as she marched her way home.

They never went on that date and it was all because Ben couldn't tell a girl no.

Crazy how those two ended up breaking up and a new girl flew into their classroom the next day.

- lucy has something to say !!

same story new title for reasons anyways 10k reads thank you all 🫶

bye :))))

✓ boyfriend ミ ben grossOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara