"That's the sad thing though too, I don't even blame you. If I were in your circumstance, I'd want to be with my mother too." He says.

"Hunter... I don't even know if I want to be in the human realm or not." You say.

"But... I should probably give it a chance since it's where I was from. You know?" You say.

He stays silent. His head is down, he's hiding his face from you. You try and tilt your head lower to look at his face more.

"Hunter...?" You say softly reaching your hand out to him.

He shudders and pulls his hand away. His lips are quivering.

"I... just don't want you to leave me." He whispers.

Your eyebrows curve and your eyes widen. Without any hesitation you stand up from your chair and you immediately embrace him.

He gasps from the sudden movement. That was unexpected, he didn't think you'd just jump and hug him all of a sudden. He sits there shocked.

"I won't leave you." You say.

"But... your mother." He says.

"I refuse to just not be with you, you mean everything to me. You can be such a pain sometimes but I love it, you can be so sweet sometimes and I love it, but i just never say it. You make me the happiest person ever and if I were to loose that, then I'd loose myself." You say.

Hunter let's out a gentle sigh of relief and rests his head on your shoulder.

"Which is why you should come with me." You say.

"Come with you?" Hunter jolts off of you.

"Yes! Let's... we should get out of here together..!" You say.

"I can't do that!" Hunter says defensively.

"Why not?" You say.

"I have a job here, I can't get rid of that, I can't get rid of my duty, I protect the people here..! Without a leader everyone is just lost." He says.

"Protect from what wild witches?" You say.

"And those monsters? The only reason they're so vicious is because they don't get the proper care they're supposed to." You say.

Hunter stays silent.

"The only reason you have a place to protect is to protect it from Belos. Your job is to just clean up his mess." You say.

"And that's unfair to you." You say.

"The reason these monsters bite back and are so vicious is because people attack them when they haven't done anything wrong." You say.

Hunter looks at the ground.

"Come with me...!" You say.

"Y/n. How can I even come with you if this magical portal to the human realm doesn't exist?" Hunter folds his arms.

"We'll find a way." You say.

"I'm sure Luz has some idea." You say.

"Y/n." Hunter says.

"What?" You say.

"If Belos knows I'm betraying him...." He says softly.

"I could die." His voice whispers.

"No you won't." You say, grabbing his hands.

"I won't let you." You smile.

"Come on, you don't wanna be happy with me?" You say.