"Yes sir, I am. Mr Raymond?"I asked as I firmly shook his hand making him nod his head.

"Firm handshake."he complimented in amazement making me smile before I nodded my head.

"But please call me Jessie. Mr Raymond is my father."he joked making me laugh before I nodded my head.

"You got that right, son. I also go by "sir" unless you're my death-defying grandson. You call me Gramps."JR's grandpa cheerfully chuckled as he walked into the KEK house.

"Gramps, I can't believe you're here."JR excitedly said as he approached his grandpa.

"A young lady named Imani contacted me."he replied before he hugged JR tightly.

"That happens to be my girl. Gramps meet my girlfriend Imani."JR replied as he wrapped his arm around my waist making me shyly smile at his grandpa.

"It is good to meet you, young lady. You look awfully familiar."Mr Raymond muttered as he shook my hand.

"Imani is a world-renowned gymnast who has broken numerous records in her career and is widely considered to be one of the best gymnasts of all time. She even got the first female gymnast ever to win four consecutive Olympic gold medals."JR's father explained which took me by surprise because I did not even know he knew all that information about me.

"You're Richard James daughter, correct?"he asked almost as if he was dismissing JR's father which made my smile slowly fall and become a fake smile.

"Yes sir."I muttered which made the room silent for a few minutes before JR spoke up.

"and this, that's your other grandson Damon."JR replied as Damon walked in and shook JR's grandfather's hand.

"Nice to meet you sir."Damon politely replied as he gave Mr Raymond a smile.

"Welcome to the family, son. Ahh... It's nice having an MLB prospect in the family. Now, I'm just gonna put this out there-- Damon Raymond, huh? That's got a nice ring to it, don't it?"Mr Raymond excitedly said as he patted Damon on the back making us all awkwardly smile at Damon.

"Uh, look, let's celebrate, y'all."

"Come on. Imani makes the best buffalo wings and ribs."JR praised before he kissed my cheek and made us walk towards the kitchen area.

I stood alone in the corner of the room, watching everyone celebrating JR from a distance. I had invited his grandfather to the event, which was a mistake, since he was clearly sexist and dismissive of me, I did not want to be selfish by complaining to JR so I just kept quiet.

My thoughts were interrupted by Damon who came and stood next to me whilst sipping on his drink.

"This is an amazing celebration. I'm sorry for not helping you like we planned."he muttered making me smile before I shook my head at him.

"No, don't stress. I didn't need your clumsy ass around. You did me a favour."I joked which made him kiss his teeth as he rolled his eyes at me.

"I'm just teasing."I giggled which made him chuckle before he nodded his head.

"Don't like his grandfather?"he asked making me roll my eyes before he looked at him giving him a 'you damn right' look.

"But JR is having fun and this is only for a day so I will be fine. There is approximately 8 hours left until he leaves, I will just keep counting down the minutes."I replied as I glanced at my wrist watch making Damon chuckle once again.

"You gonna stand here for 8 hours? I know you miss him. You have the biggest smile just watching him from this corner."he muttered making me stare at JR play pool with his grandpa and father before I sighed heavily.