"Look. I-- I appreciate it, but I'm straight. You know, my dad, he's had Alzheimer's, so I kind of lost him a long time ago, so any grief or whatever, that's in the rearview."Damon explained as he waved us off making me frown at him.

"Damon, you don't have to do this."JR replied as he looked up at Damon making Damon shrug his shoulders as he gave JR a smile.

"Now, look, what I want you to do is, I want you to celebrate, all right? Between your anniversary and Cape Cod, you should be living it up."Damon said as he gave hugged JR once again making JR slowly nod his head before he muttered:
"Yeah."

"Alright."Damon replied with a smile before he walked away from us making us looked at each other with visible frowns.

"We should be worried."I muttered as I looked at them making them nod their heads in response.

"His mom asked me to go speak to him."I spoke uo once again as I sigh heavily.

"You want me to come with?"Simone asked making me shake my head.

"Nah, it's okay. JR I will meet you at the KEK house."I said before I kissed his cheek and made my way to Damon's dorm room.

I knocked a couple of times and waited.

"Come in, Imani."Damon replied making me open the door before I closed it behind me.

"How did you know it was me?"I asked as I leaned against the door and watched him unpack his bags.

"Because I know you."he replied as he sat down on his bed.

"Well, I know you, and I know you're not good."I replied making him roll him eyes.

"What do you want from me? You want me to break down or something?"he asked making me cross my arms in front of me.

"I want you to be honest with yourself, Damon. Your mom does too."I responded making him sigh heavily.

"Of course she called you. What, does she want you to keep an eye on me?"he asked as he continued to unpack his bag.

"Yeah, and she also wants me to let you know about the letter in the side compartment of your bag. It's a letter from your dad. You made it very clear that you didn't want to talk about him, so she thought maybe you'd be more open once you got back to Bringston."I explained as I gestured towards his bag and showed him where the letter sat.

"What does it say?"Damon asked as he stared at his bag as well.

"All I know is that your mom said he wrote it years ago and he put it in his will for you to have it now. Look, if you want me to stay---"

"Nope. Look, I don't need to read it, all right, but thank you for telling me about it. Now let's go celebrate JR."he cut me off before I could say anything else I just nodded my head instead.

"Alright, we are at the KEK house. His father and grandfather are there right now."I explained as I made my way towards the door.

I watched him slowly looked around for his stuff.

"Well, Come on Sims."I joked making chuckle as he grabbed his phone from the nightstand making me walk out of his dorm room which him right behind me.

We made it to the KEK house and it was buzzing like I thought it would. All the boys were singing for JR and there was also music playing, most of them were playing games such as cards and pool. I was entertained by just by watching JR play games with his friends.

"You must be Imani."

My concentration on JR broke making me look to the side to see his father which made me smile at him before I moved my bottle of water to my left hand and stuck out my right.